24yr Old with Dennie Morgan Folds Under Eyes, Anything I Can Do? (photo)

Scared of surgery because Iv seen too many bad reviews. Iv only just turned 24 and Iv had these lines for a while but they weren't this bad until my last bout of eczema under my eyes which made my skin swollen. Please tell me there is something that can be done. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers 3

24yr Old with Dennie Morgan Folds Under Eyes, Anything I Can Do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

     A filler such as Restylane to the tear troughs can improve that transition area nicely.  This is probably a better option at this time given your age and the photo you have presented.                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                          Los Angeles, CA

Avoid surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Surgery is the wrong answer for you at this point. Fillers and proper treatment for your eczema is the answer. In the future, with the recurrent flareups [which unfortunately will happen] you may have enough redundant skin to warrant a minor skin excision, but now is not the time. You will be at risk for the dreaded complication of blepharoplasty: lower eyelid retraction.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

I would recommend filler.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Here is the thing.  Your eczema can flare in the future.  I would stongly advise you to avoid surgery for as long as possible.  WIth the right injector, the results of fillers can be amazing and relatively long lasting.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.