24 years old and extremely embarrassed by my smile: How can I fix it? (Photo)

I know I have some serious work to be done. I also have teeth that are growing through the roof of my mouth that causes excruciating pain. I would like to make sure my oral health is well and do veneers. What step do I take first? Is there a specialist that deals with cases like mine in the South Florida area? How do I know who is and who is not a good doctor for me? Do I need surgery? What is the average cost? I have been rejected for CareCredit and need other financing options. Help!

Doctor Answers 2

Veneers and extractions

Of course you can follow an orthodontic procedure with braces, however if you are looking for a fast change of look, definitely porcelain veneers can be done, and you can have an even smile, and even the size and shape you want. I suggest for your type of bute yopu get at least 8 porcelain veneers on upper arch.Those teeth you have close to your palate, those needs to be extracted, first veneers for your cosmetic convenience, then the surgical procedure. If you have any more questions please let me know, I hope this helps. Thank you.

Lots of questions....

First, Veneers are not the answer, orthodontics and treatment of the cause of the pain, which I don't see in the pictures. Slenderizing, to some extent and alignment will go a long way toward getting you the smile you want. 

Financing will be the big problem. If you can't qualify for CareCredit, you probably won't be able to get any kind of financing. Maybe parents or grandparents could help. 

Gregory Bowen, DDS
San Antonio Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.