I'm 24 years old 5'2 and weigh 235. Am I eligible for gastric sleeve?

I've been over weight and on a diet ever since I was about 12 years old. I've tried almost every diet out there gone to the gym and paid for trainers and nothing seems to help me lose more then 10lbs and then I gain it all back and then some. I've been looking in to weight lose surgery and the gastric sleeve seems live a good option, and I wanted to know if I'd be eligible

Eligible for sleeve gastrectomy

Yes. at a BMI of 43 you are eligible. Unfortunately, long term studies suggest at this BMI the chances of significant weight loss are very low with treatments other than surgery. There are several surgical options for weight loss, including banding,  sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, and biliopancreatic diversion. I list in increasing order of effectiveness and risk. In the last few years sleeve gastrectomy has become very popular, and if these trends continue, it will likely become the most commonly performed bariatric surgery.

Louisville Bariatric Surgeon

Eligibility for sleeve gastrectomy

Your BMI is 43.  You are morbidly obese.  Your long-term chances of losing the weight and keeping it off (without surgery) are very low.  Your chance of dying because of your weight is double that of a normal weight person.  For these reasons, you are, of course eligible for bariatric surgery.  Sleeve gastrectomy is an excellent option.

Mark Pleatman, MD
Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Kang from seoul south korea

You are eligible for sleeve gastrectomy because your BMI is 43. You need to take an action to be free from metabolic diseases. The surgery is the best choice for you.

Sehoon Kang, MD
South Korea Bariatric Surgeon