225 or 250 High Profile?

had my pre op yesterday surrently im 32 aa im tiny weight 92 poun 4'11 height..my pre op yestreday and the doc talk about 225 or 250 since i dont have to much escisting skin on my boobs and his said i should be a high profile..coz the frame of my body.i also had friend will have her surgery same doctor he said moderate for her becoz she have wider frame than me...so u think high profile will be good to me? my doc said will be look good to me? im just so excited and i want someone else opinion

#HowToChooseABreastImplant

The 25 cc difference is less than 2 tablespoons or a shot glass worth of volume. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 225 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “B” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below.

Implant

There is very little difference in the look of high or moderate profile breast implants at these low volumes.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

225 cc or 250 cc? MP or HP?

25 cc is such a small difference in volume that this is difficult to appreciate.  I would agree that MP vs HP at this volume has little difference in result.

Implant size

To be honest, there is not much difference between the 225 and 250 volumes.  You are talking about a few millimeters of difference in the width and perhaps projection.  I'm sure you will look great!  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Small Volume Breast Augmentation Choices

The reality is that a 25cc difference in breast implant volumes nor a medium vs a high profile at these implant sizes will really make much of a difference, if any, in your final result. With your small body frame, you will do well with any of the choices you have mentioned and I would not get hung up on these minor implant difference details.

Implants and volume

Choosing the right implant profile and volume really depends upon your exam and personal desires.  25 cc volume difference is not much.

Best Breast Implant Profile for Narrow Frames:

A higher profle  implant can be helpfull in situiations in which the desired implant volume would  be overly wide as compared to the width of the chest.  The high profile implant is narrower in diameter  and has more projection than the same volume moderate profile implant

Scott Zevon, MD

Which Profile Implant is Best?

Thanks for posting that question!  Simply put, the profile of the implant is determined by your breast diameter measurements taken during your consultation and the size if implant chosen by you and your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Too many patients get caught up on the "profile" when in reality you cannot pick and choose which profile you want without risking a poor cosmetic outcome.  Your surgeon is best to help determine this during your consultation.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Implant profile detemined by chest wall measurements and the expectations of the patient.

Smaller framed women who want large breasts usually are best served by implants with higher profile (projection increases more relative to the diameter of the prosthesis).

High Profile Implants Useful In Small Framed Patients

Thank you for your question.  Your surgeon is in fact correct.  A high profile implant is more appropriate in small framed patients. The smaller base diameter makes it less likely that the implants will stick out into the armpit area. The volume is focused centrally where it can provide more augmentation.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon