I recently noticed that my scars for my BA aren't directly under my crease? Question about revision. (photo)

I recently noticed that my scars for my BA aren't directly under my crease? Is this normal for where they're supposed to be? Also, I wanted to have another BA to go larger but I noticed that my scar is going up my boob a little on the bottom? If I go larger, will this make the scar bigger or will it cover the scar better?

I recently noticed that my scars for my BA aren't directly under my crease? Question about revision.

Thank you for your question. Incisions placed in the inframammary fold can be displaced more superiorly on the breast as the implants settle inferiorly. If the initial incision is also placed too far laterally, then as the implant settles the scar will also start to appear on the lateral aspect of the breast. If you decide to undergo revision of your breast augmentation and the primary incision is not big enough to accommodate a larger implant, then a larger incision will be required.

Conroe Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant exchange

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Yes, it is not uncommon for the incision to ride up the breast. It practice I try to keep the incision low knowing that the implant will cause it to ride upwards typically. 

You are correct; if you go larger, there is a good chance the scar will ride up higher. You can take measures to anchor the scar down against the chest so that the implant will sit up above the scar, but with time and gravity, the skin typically stretches and the scar starts to ride up. 

I would recommend allowing the surgery to completely heal before taking steps to change the implants. If you were to go any larger, you might want to consider High profile implants to match your breast width. 

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon