Treatments for wrinkles that appear only when I smile: Sculptra, Laser, Botox, any combination, other options? (Photos)

I decided to have my first face rejuvenation treatment, but I'm pretty scared after reading all the "bad" reviews here. What is the safest option in my case (with no or the least possible side effects)?

Treatments for wrinkles that appear only when I smile: Sculptra, Laser, Botox, any combination, other options?

A light radiofrequency treatment such as Viora® can tighten loose skin of the cheeks, improving the appearance of smile lines. 

Miami Dermatologist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Miami Dermatologist

Fine lines

Botox or Xeomin as well as laser in the hands of an experienced and skilled provider could help you. I would recommend an evaluation so you can find out what options are available for you.

Fine lines

Wrinkles when you smile

Thank you for your question.  I would suggest a combination of Botox and Laser Resurfacing to treat your wrinkles.  In my experience this combination is very effective to  address your concerns.

Wrinkles when you smile

Wrinkles which appear only when smiling?

These are perfect for the new Restylane Refyne/Defyne products. These are made with XpresHAn technology that moves with your expressions and looks natural. We really haven't been able to treat these lines easily until now. It takes a different injection technique to get in the dermis and help with the radial cheek lines. It is an instant improvement. Sometimes there are small nodules for a few days and those go away because the filler integrates with the tissues will. A bit of massage helps smooth this out too. It is a very high satisfaction procedure.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thanks for the questions and the photos – they are helpful. We would recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of your treatment options.  The newest therapy, which may be perfect for you, is the new Restylane ReFyne and DeFyne, which have been designed to move with you and your expressions – which is a novel approach to exactly what you are describing.  Our office was part of the FDA clinical trials for these products and we are going to see them become very popular in the near future.  This seems the best option for you – but have a consultation and see what other options exist as well.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving wrinkles with fillers, botox, sculptra, ultherapy, rf treatments, lasers, microneedling/prp

A combination approach would give the most improvement with fillers, botox, microneedling/prp and lasers. Sculptra can be used for collagen building and ultherapy/rf treatments can provide skin tightening. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer