21 Years Old with Bat Arms: Brachioplasty or Mini Arm Lift (photo)? (Photo)

Hello, I am 21 years old and have lost about 45 pounds. Im 61'' & weigh 132 pounds now. I have strech marks that have gone white all over my body (arms, legs, stomach...). Will mini brachioplasty be enough to treat my arms or is a full arm lift the best option for me? Thanks A lot for your recommendations.

The Management of Upper Excess Arm Skin

It's not unusual for patients to develop redundant saggy upper arm tissue after a significant weight loss. When this situation arises, a variety of treatment options are available. The specific choice will depend upon the patient's aesthetic goals and anatomic findings.

Although your pictures are helpful, it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination. In the absence of an examination, your pictures suggest a significant amount of excess skin. This excess skin will almost certainly require a brachioplasty with an incision along the inner aspect of the arm. In some cases, an axillary incision will be necessary, as well.

It's important to realize that this type of procedure involves a series of trade-offs between excess saggy arm skin and additional scarring. For this reason, it's tempting for patients to opt for procedures that have less scarring. Under these circumstances, patients may be left with residual skin sag.

If you're considering this type of procedure, it's important to thoroughly discuss these issues with a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon would be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

21 Years Old with Bat Arms: Brachioplasty or Mini Arm Lift (photo)?

I think a short scar brachioplasty with an incision about 4 inches onto your arm will give you a great result with the smallest scar possible.  An axillary brachioplasty will do very little.

Select a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these body contouring procedures each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Arm lift arm reduction brachioplasty arm liposuction mini arm lift limited arm lift

I thank you for your arm pictures. From your pictures, it appears that you have fat that extends from your axillae (armpit) to at least two-thirds down your forearm. I do not believe a mini arm lift will get you the results you are seeking. I would suggest you have a full brachioplasty. During your arm lift, I would suggest full arm liposuction to remove excess arm fat. At the same time, I would suggest arm skin removal. The full brachioplasty takes about 2-3 hours to perform. About 1-2 weeks after your arm lift, you should be able to return to work. Compression arm garments are an important component after the arm lift.
Good luck with your arm lift or brachioplasty surgery.

With anything "mini" you need to understand additional surgeries might be needed. Best for ONLY IN PERSON opinions..// 

Your age has its benefits.

• Many thanks for your good question. Based on your age and the short period of time in which your heavy, I would suggest like the suction only passed a first procedure. Break your plastic can be done later if loose skin versus however the score from my arm lift or brachioplasty is a substantial one and generally makes it tricky to wear short sleeve shirts much less sleeveless shirts. Good luck with your surgery. Consider consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and look for a surgeon who does more than 100 of these these procedures per year.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS