I Am 21. What is my Best Option to Rid the Dark Circles & Tighten the Skin Under my Eyes? (photo)

I have considered the Blepharoplasty procedure and Botox but after reading more about this "issue" I have found that TCA peels can be just as helpful. I am scared to go under the knife, but will if it is necessary. I just want to do what will give me the best results with as less pain and risks as possible. I am only 21 years old and have my whole life to live, can't afford to be 'worsened' by a bad decision in treatment. I've posted a pic to show. Please help me here.

Doctor Answers 2

Fillers can help with dark circles under the eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Looking at your photos, you could use some filler under the eyes and to the cheek area.  Cheek augmentation would actually help you look less tired and better in general!

Restylane is a very nice product to place in this area, the goal is to make a smooth transition from your eyes to your cheeks.

Good luck in your search for information!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 159 reviews

Avoid surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend that you start with an under eye filler.  The key is to find an experienced lower eyelid injector who knows what they are doing.  This can make a huge difference for you.  From the photograph, you also appear to have upper eyelid ptosis.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.