I had a neck lift 11 days ago. What is the big lump under my chin?

Neck Lift Lump Causes

Without a photo or an exam a definitive answer is not possible. Usual causes are localized swelling (edema), if significant bruising then could be a collection of blood (hematoma), if no bruising and feels like fluid then a seroma is possible, enlarged lymph nodes, infection, and other causes can also cause a lump. Fortunately, most causes resolve on their own. 
Most important is to see your plastic surgeon and ask his/her opinion

Neck Lump After Lift

Though unusual, there are several things that could cause a lump under the chin shortly after a neck lift. Some will go away on their own, others may need a little treatment procedure like drainage. Do you have a photo that you could post?

Lump under the chin soon after a neck lift or facelift

A lump under the chin soon after a neck lift or facelift could include swelling, collection of blood (hematoma), or fluid (seroma). If you haven't already, then speak with your plastic surgeon. He/she will best advise you regarding any possible next steps.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump After Neck Lift

The lump you describe under your chin is mostly likely swelling, although a collection of blood or fluid is also possible. You should have your operating surgeon evaluate you to make sure you are healing according to schedule. 

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Big Lumps after Neck Lifts need an Examination

It is not possible to tell you what the big lump is due to 11 days after your neck lift without a picture or more information.  A couple of causes could be:

1)  Swelling
2)  Hematoma or collection of blood
3)  Residual fat left in the neck

I would recommend you having this examined by your operating facial plastic surgeon.  

I hope this helps

Lump

You may have some fluid formation in this area. Consult your surgeon-If present the fluid can be drained in his office-a simple procedure..

John M. Griffin, MD

Thanks for your question. there are several reasons you could have a large lump under your neck following necklift surgery. You could have a collection of blood (hematoma) or a collection of fluid (seroma) or just a thick mass of swelling in the tissues under your chin. Please return to your surgeon for his/her examination and appropriate treatment. This might include drainage, injections or massage and ultrasound. I hope this helps.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon