Options for receded chin, overbite? (Photo)

I had braces for two front top teeth which stuck almost straight out. Also had tongue thrust. Experience jaw clenching, teeth grinding. Cannot close mouth w/o pursing lips. Undefined chin, upturned nose with indentations beneath nostrils, very puffy cheeks, no jaw line. Dark circles under eyes. Also have large, mismatched ears. One is larger and curves forwards slightly. Any "diagnosis" as to what contributes to my unbalanced facial structure; course of action? Thanks!

Long face growth pattern

Your situation is quite common and often termed 'long face syndrome' although the situation is not difficult to alter. The 'cause' relates to the vertical overgrowth of the top jaw (gummy smile, lip incompetence results) and then the lower jaw grows at a steeper angle; and the lips are difficult to close. The chin is long and 'weak' in profile. Consult a Maxillofacial surgeon and orthodontist. 

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Options for overbite?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Options for receded chin, overbite?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.