Can a filler help my lower lips to look even?

I had an injury to my lip and maybe 4 years ago I saw a facial surgeon and he performed lip surgery which left me still with uneven lip I believe there is scarring inside which is causing the puffiness. I attempted to go back but he had retired and his son didn't feel the need to help and said it should get better.

Filler in lips

I would recommend seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon in you area.  If you could upload photos that would help in any recommendation I may have.  

Provo Plastic Surgeon

Lip Shape and Augmentation

Lip Augmentation can often correct asymmetries and facial irregularities.  Scar tissue may also be injected to help correct facial asymmetries.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist in your area who has experience with scars and facial injections for the best cosmetic results.

Lip issue

Without an exam in person, it is difficult to assess what is the issue with your lip. Any time the lip is injured, there can be scar tissue and asymmetry.  Fillers may help.

Fillers Can Be Used To Improve Uneven & Asymmetrically "Puffy" Lips

Without photos, I can only comment in general terms. Lip asymmetry and irregularities in contour from any cause can generally be improved with the use of appropriately injected fillers. In my Upper East Side Manhattan practice I prefer to use Juvederm Ultra Plus XC for injecting the red portion of the lips and Belotero Balance for the white roll region and for providing better definition to the linear borders of the lips. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available, I would choose Princess Volume and Teosyal Redensity II for these purposes, respectively). An experienced injector is a must. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Yes. Dermal fillers can be very helpful in improving contour irregularities in the face and lips. Consultations with other plastic surgeons in your area should help you find someone who could achieve your goals. Thank you for sharing your question and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Lip Augmentation to Even a Scarred Lip

Pictures and an in-person consultation would be the most helpful.

In general, yes, filler can sometimes be used to camouflage or give a smoother appearance to scarring in the lips.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and certified providers for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have the procedure.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS