I am 20 y.o. and have very oily skin & scars from my cystic acne. Could I get eMatrix?

EMatrix for oily skin and acne scars

Studies in many clinics have shown that oily skin can be controlled with sublative laser treatments with bipolar RF energy (eMatrix). Of course, it has been shown to also treat acne scarring. 

Ematrix and acne

Ematrix is an excellent treatment for acne scarring and we have found that the RF energy can actually help control some acne breakouts, large pores, and excess sebum when used in combination with an effective acne topical therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

This is an ideal treatment!

YES! eMatrix is ideal in this setting. Why?  Firstly it treats EARLY scars better than later scars, and secondly radiofrequency energy can cause heating and cell death of your excessive oil glands (sebacous glands). There is scientific proof that heating these oil glands can decrease acne. Hence eMatrix, in your situation can help BOTH scarring and acne. Make sure you are under the supervision of a Specialist, as if you acne gets worse, effective treatments are available. 

Dr Davin S. Lim 
Dermatologist
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

EMatrix - Sublative Treatments

eMatrix -Sublative Rf treatments are effective in treating acne and acne scarring with minimal downtime.  Another advantage, is that it can be performed in patients of all skin types.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Acne scarring and eMatrix

eMatrix works on acne scarring, but I found out it's better on shallow scarring than on deep scarring. For deeper scarring I recommend the InMode Fractora which is able to penetrate deeper because of the pin tips and put more radio frequency into the skin to create collagen.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Scars from Cystic Acne

eMatrix is a fabulous laser to treat your scars from cystic acne.  Through a process of radio frequency heat, new collagen is formed and the scars are improved.  Fraxel laser (1550) is also an excellent choice for treating acne scars.