Should I get just breast lift, lift with implant or lift with fat transfer? (photo)

I have been to 2 consultations so far for mommy makeover. I know I want a full tummy tuck, but I don't know what my breasts need. II basically want them the same size but higher. Will I lose too much with a lift? Should info fat transfer or implant? Not finding much on fat transfer

Breat LIft or more

Thank you for posting this question.  Your picture is very helpful but an in-person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community can't be overemphasized.  You appear to have a lot of breast tissue, but your nipples are not as high as they were before pregnancy.  A breast lift alone should be able to re-position your nipples so they are higher and your breasts are not likely to be much smaller afterwords.  Since you are happy with your current size there would only be one reason to consider adding either a low profile implant or considering fat grafting, and that would be to increase the upper pole fullness of your breasts and this might be part of what you are asking for when you say that you would like your breasts to be higher.  If this is something that is important to you, then you should consider adding one of those two options to the breast lift.  There are pros and cons to either approach so discussing them at your in-person consultation will be invaluable and the subtleties of the answer are beyond the scope of a forum like this.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

You have plenty of volume, so I feel a breast lift without an implant is your best option. When I do TT and mommy makeovers I usually wind up doing some lipo of the love handle or mid back or thigh or somewhere. If you are having any lipo you might as well consider having some of that fat added to upper pole breast to give a little upper pole fullness with minimal extra overall size that an implant would give. Otherwise probably just the lift. Good luck.

Breast rejuvenation after having children.

You currently have ample breast volume but your skin envelope can not longer support a more youthful shape. If your goal is to achieve upper breast fullness this may not be achieved long term with any of these strategies and adjusting your expectations to what is possible can only occur with open conversations with an experienced Plastic Surgeon. I would likely recommend a breast lift alone with an expectation that further volume and lifting may be considered after 6-12 months - depending on how much the breast shape stretches. Adding an implant or fat grafting with the original procedure will lengthen and complicate your procedure and still may not result in worthwhile lasting improvements over a lift alone.  Usually there is very little volume removed at the time of a breast lift. However, some reduction in breast weight may improve the longevity of your surgical results. Good luck.
Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and for posting an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift. If you are happy with the size of your breasts now, a breast lift will give you the uplift you desire without changing the size much. Should you wish to go a bit fuller, you might consider implants for fat transfer later down the road. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

I would recommend only a breast lift.  This will give you the size and shape you are looking for.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Based on your information, you already have enough breast volume to achieve your desired result. A breast lift will absolutely not reduce your cup size. It will only elevate your breasts to a more youthful position. This is analogous to removing the wrapping paper off a present where by the size of the Box remains unchanged. The breast appears larger because it is droopy and wider but your cup size does not change by simply lifting them. The only way to reduce your cup size would be to surgically remove tissue during your breast lift if you desire a smaller cup size. The use of fat transfer in your case would not seem to be indicated. I would certainly encourage you to discuss these questions with your plastic surgeon who should be experienced in all these approaches. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser- Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Lift only

You have good volume so I would do a lift alone. Fat transfer is costly and may not last. Implants make you bigger and do not create a lift. You should see a few board certified plastic surgeons for consultation. I hope this helps.

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  If you just want the same size but higher, I think you would benefit from a straight forward breast lift.  It will remove a little tissue but not much.  An implant or fat transfer will add a little fullness to the superior pole, but based on your photos, I think you would do great with just a lift.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  If you are happy with the size of your breasts, then a lift (with no implant) will give you improved contour, shape, and perkiness.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

If you otherwise happy with your volume, then a lift may be reasonable.  You might lose a little bit with the lift for contouring purposes.