I'm a 19 Year Old Trans Woman. I Want to Know About Liposuction and Body Contouring?

As the title says I'm a 19 year old Trans Woman. I'm 5'8 and 170 pounds. I've been on HRT for 7 months now with little change to my overall body shape. Can Liposuction with body contouring help? I've read through various forums and some people say it will but I've never seen results. Has anyone done this procedure with spectacular results?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Transgender liposuction

Liposuction and body contouring for transgender patients takes extra sensitivity to the issues involved and should be performed by a surgeon with special skills.

Liposuction and Fat Transfer in Transgender patients

Liposuction of a precise nature which is what lipoculpture is and then fat grafting may help.  The trick is to use removed fat as a graft to buttocks and lateral thighs to give a feminine figure.  As in all liposuctuion photos or exam are needed to see if there is fat to remove and then appropriate sites to transfer for feminization.   This can be very effective when appropriately applied.    My Best,  Dr C

You can evaluate the results for yourself by looking at before and after pictures to determine if the results are spectacular.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA