19 and Have Eye Bags or Dark Circles. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I've got these dark circles/eye bags under my eyes... pretty demoralizing for confidence and what not. Feel as if I get enough sleep, so what do you think I should do?

Doctor Answers 2

Classic for transconjunctival lower belpharoplasty with arcs marginalia release.

An alternative nonsurgical option would be lower eyelid fillers.  Your best bet is to see an oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on its website that can help you find a highly qualified surgeon to address your concerns.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning.

Your problem is obviously not an aging problem but a hereditary anatomy issue. As mentioned earlier, you are a very good candidate for transconjunctival blepharoplasty with fat repositioning [not excision]. This will be more permanent solution than using fillers and over the long term would be more cost effective as well.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.