I'm 19 and Have Congenital Ptosis in my Left Eye? (photo)

I have had it from birth and when I was 16 I started to notice it and got really selfconchous about it so I got surgery last year and it helped a good bit but I would like to have the operation again if that is possible. I would like to hear anyother options you may have involving fixing the ptosis thank you

Doctor Answers 2

Options for ptosis surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Ptosis (droopy eyelid) can be fixed in several ways, depending on the severity and how well your eyelid moves.  In most people, an incision through the skin is done to move the muscle forward. In many congenital ptosis cases, surgery is done on the underside of the eyelid.  Your surgeon can help you know which procedure is best for you and whether it is a good idea to repeat it.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Revisional congenital ptosis surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Ptosis surgery can be difficult in congenital cases, depending on the severity of the ptosis.  Perfection is almost never achieved, but revisional ptosis surgery may be possible to improve the problem. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 88 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.