I Am 18 Yr Old I Had Chicken Pox Last Year and How Can I Get Rid of Every Scar on my Body?

I want to make it clear that every spot is visible and i want to remove it.

Doctor Answers 3

Scars Can be improved

Unfortunately scars are permanent but they can often be made less noticeable.  Ways to improve scars range from injectable treatments (steroids, 5FU, etc), laser treatments, dermabrasion,  surgical excision, and topical scar maturation treatments.. However, it is impossible  that all traces of any scar will be totally gone. Consult with a board certifed plastic surgeon or  dermatologist to determine the best course and what you can likely expect

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

I Am 18 Yr Old I Had Chicken Pox Last Year and How Can I Get Rid of Every Scar on my Body?

Unfortunately scars can't be totally removed or erased. There are many methods to improve scars ranging from injectable treatments, laser resurfacing/ dermabrasion to surgical excision. All are aimed at creating a scar that looks better and is less noticeable than the original scar. However, it is highly unlikely that any scar will be totally removed. The best first step for you would be to consult with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to determine exactly what makes the scars appear prominent. Your surgeon will be able to counsel you about what will improve the scars and what level of improvement you can likely expect. I hope this information is helpful.




Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 129 reviews

Removing a chicken pox scar.

A scar is more visible when light is reflected in the scar (a depression).  Your pox scar can be excised with a punch tool and closed, however, you will have a "scar" along the closure line.  The incision will also typically be twice as long as the diameter of the circle.  Depending on the area, the incision could heal "thick".  Thicker scars are common on areas of movement, especially the upper torso.  Sometimes we can inject a filler into the depression, typical on the face, to raise the depressed scar.  Follow up with a dermatologist to evaluate the area and they can give you the most appropriate advice.  Good luck and take care.

Cheryl Lee Eberting, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.