What Are My Options For A Downturned Mouth?

Its become a very depressing matter for me as this is something that has recently become a prominant feature of my face. The effect of the the cheeks sagging has left me with a monkey mouth because my jaw is narrow and slightly protruding. I believe its my whole cheek area which has sagged as my face has become more narrow, sunken and shallow. This effect has also lef me with jaw sagging/tissue or jowls under my jaw area. Its seems to have sunken down and towards the middle section.

Doctor Answers 3

Downturned Mouth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You may wish to consider facial filler.  Filler may be used to augment the malar area (cheekbones) and may also be placed around the mouth.

Nowadays, fillers are available pre-loaded with anesthetic.  This reduces discomfort.  Treatments are performed in the office.

Best wishes.

Dr. Shah

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for the cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In order to turn the mouth upward I recommend Voluma. This facial filler will instantly volumize lost volume in the cheek area. Consult with your doctor to find out if this is the best option for you and what you are looking for. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Downturned mouth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I don't think it looks as bad as you are describing. You could try a little Restylane or Juvederm. Botox placed in the right place may also help. Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.