How Can I Tighten the Skin on my Cheeks?

i am 17 years old male.i have a problem of puffy and saggy cheeks. i am presently studying in school where we play football.In this activity we use to perform jumping exercise.and i was the only one in the whole team who had puffy cheeks. and due to jumping my cheeks sagged more may be due to gravity.but i am a thin person from birth. i am presently 62 kg's.and i noticed more saggyness and puffiness when i use to run and jump in football sports maybe because i have loose cheeks which are more loosed now. and i want to tighten them and reduce them.Any procedure?

Doctor Answers 6

Cheek lift in 17 year Old. Is it advisable? Safe? Commons Plastic Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

My first thoutht is to say no do not have any surgery by anyone.  Nevertheless, you must be treated as a concerned individual.  Therefore, if you really feel you have a problem, go to your local University Plastic Surgery Service.   Talk to surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Talk to a university Dermatologist in addition.  Get good input.  Then talk to a local surgeon outside the university ,also certified by ABPS. And talk to a Dermatologist in private practice.   If totally confused after these opinions, do nothing.  You are 17.  Are you sure you really have a problem.  We humans are all different and that is great. Possibly getting body image advice from your family doctor or psychiatrist would be useful.   Beware of anyone that lightly suggests surgery.  You have much time to think and decide.  There is never a rush for cosmetic surgery for any patient EVER.  Be a hard nosed shopper.  Good Luck. Commons Plastic Surgery.

Saggy cheeks and 17 years old

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are ways to tighten your skin such as laser resurfacing, and face lifting. Some of them extreme. I would have to see pictures. There are other alternatives that could help lift your cheeks especially fat injections.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek fat graft

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is not easy to give you an educated answer without all the facts as well as a picture at the least. That is important. If it is just a volume issue then fat grafting can be done and there is no scars or incisions. My best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who will truly access your issues and give you an honest opinion vs the opinion you want to hear.

Saggy Skin at 17?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There is no need for any procedures for a lovely young person of your age. The best advice is protect your skin now by using sunscreen daily, never smoke and always moisturize your skin. Listen to those who tell you how lovely you really are and do not consider any plastic surgery for your face at age 17.

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not have surgery at your young age.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would love to see a picture of what you see as the problem.

You will need to take views from the front, side, and a 3/4 view.

It is unlikely that the football had anything to do with your appearance.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD (retired)
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sagging cheeks in a 17 year old.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There is nothing to do for this in a young person. I am sure someone will tell you they can fix this. But it is not needed or possible.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.