I Am 17 and Have Really Bad Heavy Sagging Breasts?

I know it's not usual for younger people who have not been pregnant to have sagged boobs..but I have them really bad, and I think it's from genetics. They cause me pain in my back/neck, pain in breast themselves, and chest (like I have heavy weights pulling on my skin bad). I have had breasts like this ever since I had them and my nipples aren't even up, but facing lower..it's really embarrassing and painful, and I don't know what to do, my family doesn't pay attention to it..

Doctor Answers 11

Breast Reduction for Heavy and Sagging Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your best bet is to see a plastic surgeon with your mother or guardian. Speak privately with your family member about your concerns and share your pain, both physical and emotional. Sometimes breasts aren’t just low but also very large. Some patients don’t need just a lift, but a lift with a reduction, which can be so helpful reducing back and neck pain. Good luck!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Sagging painful breasts at 17

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately, some women are just born with breasts that sag and are painful.  I would recommend talking to a plastic surgeon about them as a breast lift or breast reduction might easily cure your problems.  Good luck.

I Am 17 and Have Really Bad Heavy Sagging Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although you don't specifically mention size, this sounds like a common problem associated with large breasts, and can be treated by breast reduction. Ask your parents or physician for a referral to see a plastic surgeon to discuss the pros and cons of breast surgery. 

All the best. 

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

Adolescent breast reduction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have macromastia, or overly large breasts.  Unfortunately, the insurance companies do not pay for this procedure in patients under age 18.  It is important to achieve full breast development prior to undergoing surgery (or at least that is their excuse).  You should be seen by a plastic surgeon.  Most insurers now require documented conservative medical management, such as physical therapy, for 3-6 months so this is a good time to begin to fulfill their requirements.

I am 17 and I Have Really Bad Heavy Sagging Breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello, I just want you to know that this is not as unusual as you may think. By the description you are giving  a breast reduction with a lift and repositioning of your nipples will be required. As with any surgery there will be scarring that will fade to almost invisible in most cases. You need to have a serious discussion with your mother explaining to her what you are experiencing. I would suggest waiting until you are 18 to go forward with the surgery. Your parents may feel more at ease with it at that point.

Babak Dadvand, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Heavy Sagging Breasts and Pain

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sorry that you are having a difficult time with this, many women do.  What you describe sounds like a combination of large uncomfortable breasts as well as shape concerns.  Both of these issues can be addressed with a breast reduction.  If your volume and breast size is acceptable to you, then maybe a breast lift would be more appropriate.
Plastic surgeons deal with these types of issues on a daily basis.  I would talk to you mom, explain how you are feeling and how you are affected, and make an appointment to see a qualified plastic surgeon to help you navigate through this situation. 

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Sagging as a teen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Life isn't fair and your situation is a prime example of this.  But you do need to see a local plastic surgeon to help you better understand if your problems are one of ptosis or hypertrophy with the latter often covered by insurance.  You would have to accept scars as well as the likelihood of diminished breast feeding, in addition to the many other risks of such surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

I Am 17 and Have Really Bad Heavy Sagging Breasts?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

          If you want a lift this can be performed.  If your breasts are causing pain due to size, a reduction and lift can be performed at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

CONSULT byVillar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for evaluation to see if you are a candidate for breast reduction or breast lift.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Young Woman with Sagging Breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Age is not the only factor in breast sagging. I frequently see women in their teens and early 20's with no children, but with sagging breast. From your description, I do think the shape of your breast and the position of your nipples can be improved with a breast lift, or breast reduction if you have excess breast volume as well as sagging. This does involve surgery and scars so you need to be comfortable with this before proceeding with surgery. I would recommend talking with your family and explaining how much this bothers you, then consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options for treatment.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.