Im 165lbs 5'1 W/saline Breast Implants 450cc 38dd if I Do 420cc Silcone W/lift Will They Look to Small? (photo)

Breast implants

Your result looks great! Why would you make any change them at all?  They are plenty big and have a nice shape.  I recommend leaving well enough alone!

Breast implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Increasing Breast Implant Size by 30 CC's

A small change in CC's may not be drastic enough to notice a significant size increase. Depending on the reason for the breast revision determines the sizing outcome. However, there are no guarantees with size predictions for revisions. Initially, if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this. 

Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile.  The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile. 
Another element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.
#Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants. Your Plastic Surgeon needs to measure you and determine the best shape and size of any implants that are used.

Switching out saline for gel filled implants - conversion factor

If you are considering switching from saline to gel implants then it is important to understand that size for size a gel implant will look smaller.  When performing this operation and the patient want to stay about the same size I usually increase the gel volume by 50 ccs.  

30cc is only 1 oz

30 cc is only one ounce or the size of a walnut. This will have little to no effect on breast size.  As far as a lift,...well I agree with others that your nipples are already above your fold of the breast.  You do not need a lift based on what I see in the photos.

30cc is only 1 oz

You do not need lift

Your breast looks good and going 30 cc smaller will change much. You do not need lift and should not get lift.

You do not need lift

Small change in implant volume

The implant volume change you are suggesting is a small one.  30 cc is a subtle change in most breasts.  You have mature looking breasts, but they do not appear significantly ptotic (drooping).  What is making you unhappy about your breasts?  You may be seeking a revision with little to gain.  Ultimately, based on an examination and a careful conversation with an experienced plastic surgeon about your goals, I believe that you can find the direction you need to make the best choice about moving forward.  Best wishes!

Small change in implant volume

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “too small”  or “D or DD” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

It depend from projection as more as less volume/ mientras mas proyecciion menor volumen

the modern trend is to put less weight with major projection and less volume it sounds illogical but the newest shape projects like 450cc with really 380cc it is a great improvement.

la tendencia moderna  es colocar menor volumen y peso con mayor proyeccion anterior lo cual nos permite colocar una protesis de 380cc que parezca como de 450cc sin duda alguna un gran avanze

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift question

I agree with the other excellent reponses. By going to a smaller silicone implant you may need a lift but I doubt it. I think from what you have stated I really do not know what you are trying to acheive. Please update us on why you are considering further surgery.

Breast lift question

Revision breast surgery

Based on your photos alone, I'm not sure if you even need a lift.  A physical exam however would be needed to make any recommendations.  My question to you would be - what are your goals?  What are you size goals?  Do you want to be fuller/smaller/or stay close to your current size?  Based on your goals, a treatment plan can be developed.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Revision breast surgery

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX