16 year old male, what should I do for nose that sticks out, chin that kinda goes down, and forehead that sticks out?

Hello, I'm only a 16 year old male, but I'm very self conscious. When I take some pictures of myself or have some taken of me they turn out REALLY well and make me look extremely good and my face looks completely symmetrical. But other times I take pictures of my face especially from the side my nose sticks out, it looks kinda round, my chin and jaw line look short and go down and my forehead sticks out in a way... Money certainly wouldn't be a problem here so what could I do to fix all this? Thanks.

Doctor Answers 6


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Impossible to tell without photos. You will need parental consent to have any surgery done. It sounds like you would benefit from a consult with a surgeon who can give you an objective point of view.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

16 Year Old Male Considering Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

We usually recommend waiting until age 17-18 for a young male to have a rhinoplasty. However, I want to see pictures of your nose as described on my website before making any recommendations.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Rhinoplasty in a 16 Year Old Male?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

What you described can frequently be cosmetically improved. It is generally recommended that nasal surgery be delayed until after 16-17 for a female and after 17-18 for a male. Waiting until then usually allows the nose to reach its adult size.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

You might also like...


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Photos would be helpful - a complete exam and discussion of your complaints more so. That said in males who are still growing surgery is usually delayed till age 18 when most of your complaints could be corrected if still a concern.

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

Rhinoplasty and chin implant can help lateral facial profile

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. It is impossible to comment on your situation without photographs.

F-16 your face will continue to grow and change and most plastic surgeons will not do rhinoplasty surgery until facial growth is complete usually at 18 years of age.

That said the over projection of your nose and underprojection of your chin are common complaints and are often treated with rhinoplasty and chin implantation.

16 year old male, what should I do for nose that sticks out, chin that kinda goes down, and forehead that sticks out?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you provide pictures from different angles I may be able to provide effective commentary. An exam is always best.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.