I Am 16 with Parental Consent. Will the Plastic Surgeon Operate on Me? (photo)

I barely fit into a 32a. My mom is ok with my getting surgery due to the fact I'm virtually flat chested. I know I'm beautiful in my own way, but having a full b cup would boost my confidence so much. I'm paying for the surgery by myself. So how do you think the plastic surgeon will feel about a breast augmentation?

Breast Augmentation in a 16 yo

You should wait until you are 18 unless you have a congenital deformity which needs to be corrected in a staged reconstruction or for balancing an asymmetry.  You will not regret waiting.  

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation under 18.

I strongly recommend to wait at least till age 18. At 16 your body is not fully mature and natural physiology may eliminate the need for this procedure. Breast implants in your age would be more justified in cases of asymmetry or absence of the breast.

Said Samra, MD
Holmdel Plastic Surgeon

16yr old patient for Breast Augmentation

I usually do not operate on anyone under 18 years old. It is important to wait until you are finished developing before undergoing surgery.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Breast augmentation at 16

The simple answer is yes, you can have a very nice augmentation with a saline implant with caring surgeon and parental support. We have had several in our practice so look for a well respected practice with your family to help you. PS: if you really are underage you might pull your photos and stay safe.

Breast Implant surgery and age

I agree with the previous post. I do not perform breast augmentation on patients under 18 and, since most patients in our practice want silicone implants, we would have to wait until 22 for that (FDA guidelines). That being said there are alternative options which may be a reasonable choice. You may do some research on fat grafting to the breast as well as using the BRAVA system for enhancement.

Minimum age for plastic surgery

It is important to wait until your breasts have stopped growing prior to undergoing breast augmentation surgery.  That being said, I do not perform breast augmentation surgery on patients who are less than 18 years old.

Breast Aug On A Minor?

Thank you for your question!  You will have a very hard time finding a plastic surgeon that will operate on you being so young.  I suggest you wait till at least 18.  Your body is not done growing.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon