How Can I Remove Dark Eye Bags?

I'm now 16 but still have dark bags.And it had become worse now. The dark bags make me look really old and tire all the time, I really need help about this..

Doctor Answers 8

Correcting under eye darkness/ circles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Blending your lid cheek junction and highlighting your cheek bones with Juvederm or a similar HA filler canyield terrific results.  Combining it with a BBL therapy usually yields great improvement!  


All the best,


Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Lower lid bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A consultation for an eyelid procedure would need to involve your parents unless you are emancipated. You appear to have herniation of the lower lid post-septal fat.  Treatment would involve removal of the fat either through an anterior or posterior approach.

Soft tissue fillers for the lower eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

At your age I would only consider using a soft tissue filler such as Juvederm.  This will give you more fullness and help to blend the lower eyelid with the cheek. 

Jeffrey Zwiren, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Fillers under the eyes can help with dark eye bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fillers like Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse may be placed under the eyes to smooth the transition from your eyes to your cheek area.  If this transition is smooth and not so indented, you will have less shadowing and look less tired.

These treatments are performed at 6 month intervals.

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 156 reviews

Eyelid Circles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need a full evaluation to determine the true extent and cause of your under eye circles.  Find someone you trust to work with you to get to the bottom of why you have the circles before proceeding with any surgery.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

Bags and dark circles under eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Phoebe- I agree with the other surgeons that there are surgical and injectable options that can help decrease the bags under your eyes. I would add that an evaluation by an allergist would be a good idea before proceeding with cosmetic options. Some patients with dark circles and puffiness under the eyes have what are called "allergic shiners" which can be helped by treating the underlying allergies. 

Best wishes


Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

Eye bags at age 16. What to do.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's obviously very early for you to consider surgery but if nothing else works the surgical solution is a transconjunctival Blepharoplasty. With this procedure the extra fat is removed through the inside of the eyelid without a skin incision. The excess fat can be transfered to the groove bellow the bag area. The alternative is Restylane injected bellow the bag to hide it. Before you do anything you have to rule out an allergy. These procedures should be done by an expert plastic surgeon with a lot of experience. 

Positioning your face this away will make these circles at their worst.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Phoebe

There are surgical procedures that can address this area.  Alternative, the dark circle can be filled with fillers.  You need to see someone who truly specializes in the midface and eye issues.  A personal consultation is essential to accurately evaluate your concerns and determine you best options.  In your area, I would recommend Dr. Robert Schwarcz who practices in Manhattan. 

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.