Is there anything I can do about my upper thighs? (Photo)

I'm not very active outside of working retail where I usually justwalk around and put clothes away. I would be willing to do exercises but I feel they would be futile... even though I am only 19. I'm 5'5 and currently weigh about 155.

Liposuction might be right for you, depending on skin elasticity.

Thank you for your question and photo. The best liposuction candidates have good skin tone and elasticity so that the skin conforms well to your thinner legs once the fat is removed. This is something that can only be evaluated during a physical examination, but I suspect that at such a young age, your skin will be resilient enough to produce good lipo results. Be aware that a thigh lift is needed in cases where the skin is extremely lax or saggy, but again you will likely not have this problem because you’re still so young. Best of luck. 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Improving the appearance of the thighs

Thank you for asking about your thighs.
  • Unfortunately you are not active and you are about 30 pounds over-weight.
  • The best approach is regular exercise, including leg weights and dance classes.
  • Otherwise your only option is some form of fat removal such as liposuction or Cool sculpting.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Upper thighs?

At 19 and 5'5 155 you may want to try weight loss first. Also seek a Board certified MD in Plastics if you wish volume reduction with liposuction but yes, you may be a candidate but personal consultation is always best. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

You can be a good candidate for a lipo on the legs and thighs. It is good to have an inperson consultation with a plastic to determine the exact areas where to work. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD