Ideal weight for a tummy tuck with MR and lift with implant? (Photo)

I lost 230 pounds-dropped down to 112lbs and have regained back up to 160 pounds. I would like to have a tummy tuck with muscle repair to remove the excess skin. In addition I would like to have a breast lift with implants. What should be my ideal weight before considering surgery. At 112 pounds I was too thin and very sick looking – I am not sure what my ideal body weight is but at 160 everyone tells me I look healthy. I am 5'8"

Ideal Weight for a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year.  In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Do you need to lose weight?

Obviously a more desirable weight is preferable and desirable for the patient and surgeon alike. However a stable weight is one of the most important things you can do prior to surgery. In other words losing weight prior to surgery then gaining back afterwards is counterproductive. If you are within about 20 pounds or less of your usual weight then it should not make that much difference.

Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss, Katy! Referring to your question about an ideal weight before surgery, there isn't a magic number for that. I recommend my patients to have a BMI under 30 and for their weight to stay consistent.

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon