What is the best long lasting non surgical treatment for sagging facial skin?

Hi, I'm 34 mom of one baby. I've developed tear through or under eye hallow and deep laugh lines for 2/3 years. My cheeks are also like drooping for over a year now. But recently it's getting more worse especially after giving birth (8 months) to a baby. I hate this tired looking face. I'm looking for something non surgical (preferably non needle) treatment which is long lasting and could address my nasolabial folds as well as under eye hallow. Thanks

Nonsurgical Facelift

HI! 
Congrats on the baby! I would look into Ultherapy- it is a nonsurgical lifting and tightening that works well with no down time. Some peels also can help with tightening and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.

Dr. Morgan

Many options

Your age would lead me to think that filler products would be the answer. Although these require a needle, an experienced PS should be able to administer a quick nerve block which will render all the subsequent injections painless. 

It works well for the type of facial ageing you are describing and doesn't prevent any further treatments in the future as time continues to catch up with us.

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Young & Refreshed!

Having children certainly take a toll on our volume and skin tightness. To nonivasively tighten your skin I would recommend Ulthera. This induces your skin to make its own natural collagen. But, don't shy away from a dermal filler. The fillers are HA based, and are natural, and non-permanent. Fillers will help the hollows under the eyes and cheek volume loss in a way that no tightening procedure can provide. It is a layering of procedures that delivers a flawless finish.

Best, Dr. P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation for a young mother

thank you so much for your question.  Very commonly see young mothers are seeking ways to look and feel a little more fresh.  There are several ways in which we sometimes accomplish this ranging from skin treatment to neuromodulators to volume correction.  If you do have hollowing under your eyes, injectable treatments are probably your best option.  The good news is that the skin is so thin in that area it is very easy to anesthetize and injections under the eyes tend to be associated with very little if any discomfort

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Treatment for Eye Hollows/Laugh lines--Facial Aging and Lasers, Ultherapy,Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Fat Injections

There is a lot you can do for facial aging with fillers, lasers, skin tightening, surgery, fat.  I suggest you see an expert to go through all the options.  A combination approach is best. Dr. Emer.

Facial Rejuvenation Treatments

Thank you for your question. Without photos, it is difficult to tell which treatments are most appropriate for you. However, there is a variety of non-surgical treatments which can help rejuvenate your look. Ultherapy is an ultrasound treatment that helps increase the production of collagen and therefore, tighten skin around the face and neck. It also helps reduce facial wrinkles. Laser treatments can also improve the tone and texture of your skin, giving you a youthful glow.

Other wrinkle-reducing and volumizing treatments do include injections. When administered by an experienced professional, there is very little to no discomfort from the needle. Many fillers and injectibles now last up to 12 months and in some cases, even 18 to 24 months.

Good luck!

Jennifer Levine, MD

Dermal Fillers for Lifting Saggy Skin

Dear zaynsofi:

In response to your question above, the best treatment option for you right now would be the use of dermal fillers to revolumize your deflated areas starting of with your mid-face area and working down to lower face.  Hope this information helps and wishing you treatment success.

What is the best long lasting not surgical treatment for sagging facial skin?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Nonsurgical facial rejuvenation is a popular topic in plastic surgeons' offices and many treatments can be pursued including ensuring appropriate daily tissue hydration through intake of water, a good skin care regimen that incorporates a retinol, sunblock, bleaching cream, and hyaluronic acid moisturizer, and a series of chemical peels that can provide a tightening effect to the skin while reducing fine lines and wrinkles.  Beyond these treatments additional options require a needle of some kind but are very well-tolerated.  This includes neuromodulators like Botox to reduce wrinkling and dermal fillers to help lift and support the soft tissues of the face.  Without a full series of photographs to offer recommendations, however, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, dermal fillers seem to be what would provide you with the best improvement.  Hope this helps.

Nonsurgical facial rejuvenation

Hello and thanks for the question. 

You have a lot of options, given the current technologies available. Ideally, and to get optimal results, you would need a blend of ultrasonic or radio frequency therapy, injectable fillers, micro needling, and laser resurfacing. Additionally, there are several suture lifting devices on the market now which produce excellent intermediate term results for those people averse to a more invasive face lifting procedure.

Best of luck, Dr. Vallecillos 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD