Gynecomastia Surgery Question Post Op

Hi i had my gyno surgery about 2 weeks ago . I am healing really fast but the problem is my chest still Puffy and looks pointy. Doctor told me he removed the tissue plus he lipo the fat. My question is before surgery i used to do a lot of push up now when i flex my chest it looks normal and flat but when i release my chest it feels like the muscle is going to the empty space and making it look pointy and puffy . Is that even possible?

Puffy after surgery

You are just 2 weeks post op.  I generally do not look at my results critically until 12 weeks after surgery.  Do not be concerned with any distortion you see at this time since it should resolve.  Wear your garment as recommended and be patient.

Swelling and Puffy Post Op

It's still quite early into your healing stage and its not uncommon for each side to differ as each breast heals quite different from one another. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Swelling Expected post op gynecomastia surgery

BRUISING AND SWELLING: Bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam dressing. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal

Swelling

At 2 weeks you are still very swollen.  You will likely be asked to stay wrapped for several weeks to combat swelling and facilitate skin tightening.  Before you know it, you will flatten out.  Usually this occurs by 3 months but you should slowly start to see improvements. 

Tim Neavin, MD

2 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

It is way to early to see the results of your surgery. You will have swelling for several more weeks. You should be wearing a compression vest and not flexing your muscles, anyway that is what I would be telling my patients. Try to be patient and follow your surgeons advice. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD