11 Weeks Post Revision Rhinoplasty. Do I Still Need to Sleep on my Back?

I naturally sleep on my side and since my revision rhinoplasty I have been sleeping on 3 pillows. Am I able to go back to sleeping on my side or will this affect the shape of my nose? Thank you.

11 weeks post-rhinoplasty, you should be able to sleep as you wish

It is good that you have been sleeping in an elevated position after your revision rhinoplasty to minimize the swelling, your nose should have healed enough after 11 weeks that you don't need to worry any longer about your sleeping position. However, consult your surgeon first, as s/he knows your history.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

When to stop sleeping on your back

Sleeping on your back and with your head somewhat elevated especially helps with postoperative swelling for the first couple of weeks after surgery. When to transition back to your usual sleeping position depends on patient/surgeon choice and how your nose is healing. I'd ask your surgeon what they'd recommend. This far out from surgery I would suspect that it's okay to sleep on your side.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

You can stop sleeping on your back 11 weeks after rhinoplasty

Really only the first week is sleeping on your back effective.  Unless you have a lot of swelling, this is the time that I would stop sleeping. The things that are done in your rhinoplasty should be the main reasons that it will look good or not.  The structure of the nose will be the ultimate determining factor.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping on side

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS