10 Week Post Op and Still Unsure About Result

FTT done 4/11 (by board certified dr). Also lipo to abs, hips, flanks. Prior to surgery I had uneven results from lipo work by non cert dr. That being said, I know I wasn't a perfect canvas but I'm still not loving the TT. My scar has been commented on unanimously for height, placement, shape. Have dogears both sides. Pubic area raised 2". The hips, esp my right, is uneven and almost like it was overlooked in surgery. Would love opinions on next step to make things as symetrical and aesthetic.

Tummy tuck and "dog ears"

You need a scar revision to fix the "dog ears".  The level of the scar will be difficult to move however.  Allow this to change and fade for up to a year.  You may fade well and it may not be an issue.

Tummy tuck revision

Based on your pictures it is clear you will benefit from excision of the “dog ears” (bunching up of tissue on each side of the tummy tuck scar). Other issues, such as scar height/placement may be improved down the line (approximately one year postoperatively).

Keep follow-up and communication with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck revision.

The dog ears should be revised first. The scar position is not going to change, however the appearance of that scar should improve dramatically.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Timing for tummy tuck revisions

I usually wait about 3 months before performing any revisions.  Having said that, many smaller revisions such as dog ears, can be done before this time under local anesthesia right in the office.

Tummy tuck scarring

Cutting out the dog-ears can be done in the office and will help your result. The color of the scar will lighten over the course of a year. You may want to place a silicone gel over the scar to hasten its maturation. Once the scar is matured, then you can see if you want it lowered.

Dr. Lille

Sean T. Lille, MD

Improving a tummy tuck result

The first thing you should do is to get the dog ears fixed because these won't resolve on their own.  The scar is what it is and connot be substantially moved.  So, get the revision, get a flat tummy and then give it 1 year of scar massage to see where you are. Good luck!

Correction of tummy tuck surgery

#TummyTuckRevision surgery
Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months. One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time. They can be excised, suctioned or both.
Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated. These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU. Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.
Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result.

Thank you for your question. Your very early in the healing  Minor liposuction over the hips and dog ear excisions would help improve the result in 6 months.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best Wishes.

Dog ears and high scar

You will benefit from a revision to lower your scar and have a more immediate benefit by removing those dog ears. Keep your PS in the loop with your concerns.

Expectations not met following an abdominoplasty

Based on your photographs you would benefit from a revision of your scar.  In my opinion it should be lowered about 3 - 4 cm and the lateral dog ears need to be excised.  You are still early and things may change over time.