10 Days Out...How Much Can I Tell my Final Result? Thinking of Switching to Smaller. (photo)

Had a medium extended anatomic implant. Dr. suggested large, but I thought medium would be plenty. Still looking kind of Jay Leno-ish and am concerned about too much projection. As more swelling subsides, will the projection likely decrease from here? If I were to have it switched out for a smaller implant in the future, how long should I wait before doing this, and is there more of a problem going from a medium to a small than from a small to a medium? Thank you for your time

Doctor Answers 2

Result 10 Days Following Chin Implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have significant swelling 10 days after chin augmentation. I would wait at least 2-3 months before making any decisions or changes. Reducing the size of your implant will not be more difficult than increasing the size; in fact I think it will be easier.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Chin implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should give it at least 3 months. There is still swelling. If you decide to replace it with a smaller implant it can often be done as a miner procedure with local anesthetic.

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.