Is 1,700 Dollars a Good Price for a Medium Depth Facial Resurfacing? (photo)

I will be going under general anesthesia if I have the procedure. I also have to pay pre-op lab, pre-op medication, pathology, and post-op medication if needed. The procedure will be in Upland, ca. Thank you in advance.

Laser Resurfacing Costs

Depending on the modality and the areas to be lasered, the cost will be $500 - $5000 per treatment. To get the least possible cost, choose an experienced physician laser expert who has the ability to offer you different laser options and different modalities depending on how you are responding to treatment and if there are any changes to your lifestyle.

Skin laser and hyperpigmentation avoidance with Melarase

Hyperpigmentation should be avoided by applying topical skin lightening creams before and after treatment. In my office, the topicals of choice are the Melarase creams. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Pricing for laser resurfacing

My first comment has more to do with skin type than price.  Based on the photo shown, you are at a relatively higher risk for pigmentary anomalies with medium depth resurfacing.  As far as price goes, $1700 is a "steal".  Be careful of a deal that seems too good to be true!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pricing for laser resurfacing varies

Unfortunately there is no set price for laser resurfacing and this varies by your surgeon's assessment of what you need and how much time it will take. Proceed cautiously as not everyone is a candidate and there are risks associated with these procedures.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon