Mixto - Number of Treatments Required for Ice Pick Scars?

will it work with only 1 or 2 treatment mixto co2 fractional laser for medium ice pick scars?

MIXTO for Acne Scars

The MIXTO is a powerful tool for improving the look of acne and other scars. I generally counsel my patients that each time we do the MIXTO for them, it will improve their appearance.  Typically 3-5 treatments are needed to get the look people want depending on the depth of the scars and the texture of your skin.

Nashville Ophthalmologist

Acne scar revision using Mixto Laser resurfacing

Fractional CO2 lasers including Mixto can be quite helpful for acne scarring. However, at least two treatments, preferably preceded by subcision may be needed to achieve a satisfactory results. For deep ice-pick scarring, it would be advisable to undergo punch excisions 6 weeks prior to laser resurfacing.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon