Four months post Lipo, am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting?

I had liposuction four months ago and my stomach is still big and swollen. I would like to have the cool sculpting procedure because I am not happy with my results from my liposuction procedure.

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that. CoolSculpting can be done after liposuction, however, I would recommend waiting a few more months. If you are still unhappy then, you can always speak to your surgeon about other options. Regards,

Final liposuction results can take up to 6 months to fully appear.

While CoolSculpting can be performed after liposuction with good results, I recommend waiting another two months first. Final liposuction results can take up to 6 months to fully appear. If you are still unsatisfied with your results after that time, visit a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to see if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting or possibly revision liposuction.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Hi and sorry to hear about your problems. It is still a little early to consider coolsculpting or other treatments. I would wait 2-3 months longer and then see your plastic surgeon who did the liposuction to consider the best options for you to consider. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting to improve dissatisfying Liposuction results

Dear Shai011:

4 months following liposuction is too early to assess the optimal results following liposuction particularly if you are still swollen. 

I would recommend you return to your surgeon to review your progress and determine how well in the healing phase you are. Generally, it takes a year or more to visualize the final result of any surgical procedure. 

CoolSculpting has other concerns related to its use which must be considered. 

I recommend you return to your surgeon or obtain a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate your current concerns and options. 

I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Possible CoolSculpting to abdomen after liposuction

A CoolSculpting procedure could be done to the abdomen after having had liposuction.  Each patient is different however, so you would require an examination to determine if you might be a good candidate for the procedure and to determine the timing of the procedure after your liposuction.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting After Liposuction

We have performed CoolSculpting after liposuction for many clients with excellent results. To determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure you need an in-person consultation and evaluation with an experienced CoolSculpting physician. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon