"Herniated" like bulge under my right nipple.

I had a Mastopexy (no implants) done June 1, 2016 - this morning i noticed a 1 inch "bulge" under my right nipple??? Seems to me like the internal stitches have come apart and my fatty breast tissue is bulging through. Is there a name for this and what can be done to fix this? Will it go away if i leave it alone?

Bulge After Mastopexy

It is best to ask your surgeon about anything you are concerned about such as this. Your surgeon will likely want to examine the area to see what is causing your concerns. Best of luck to you!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast bulge

Victoria,
Thanks for your question and the description.
It is very difficult to give you an accurate diagnosis without at least photos or better yet, a physical exam.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Herniated tissue?

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what might be wrong.  Hard to say from your description.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD