Breast Augmentation 101: Know Your Options
Breast augmentation can be achieved with:
- Breast Implants (augmentation mammoplasty) offer choices of implant type (saline vs. silicone), location of incisions, and placement of implants above or below the muscle.
- Breast Lift (mastopexy) is best for patients with sagging breasts and can be combined with implants.
- Fat Transfer has recently been viewed as a natural option, yet concerns with interpreting mammograms, as well as the consistency of the results and problems with sufficient tissue in thin patients, limit the applicability of this procedure.
- Hormone pills, supplements, and creams
- Brava Breast Enhancement system
- Breast augmentation via fat injection
- Enhancing garments, such as bras or inserts
Breast Augmentation Q&A: The Most Common Questions for That First Consultation
View more RealSelf Breast Augmentation videos
Was this guide helpful? Thanks for your feedback