New surgeon now or experienced surgeon later?
- Southwest Iowa
- Last updated: 7 months ago
Hi! I had my consult for a breast reduction about a month ago and am awaiting insurance approval. I'm pretty hopeful for approval due to the volume the PS said would likely be removed (he guessed 1200 g per breast). I'd really like to get the surgery done before the end of this year, because I've already met my insurance deductible for 2016. However, the doctor I had the consult with (who was referred by my PCP) is booked until February. But they have a new surgeon at the clinic who would have availability this year, and the PS I had the consult with had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. I also confirmed with the scheduler at the office that I would be able to get scheduled with her for surgery in December.I haven't met with the new surgeon yet, but I can't find any information about her other than that she just finished her PS residency in 2016 - so I'm guessing this is her first post-med school job. She's also an instructor at the medical school near where I live.So my dilemma is - do I take a chance with this new surgeon so that I can get the BR done this year? Or be patient - and have to pay more out-of-pocket - and wait for the experienced surgeon that my doctor recommended? Any advice???