Juvederm Volift 101
- 6 months ago
With so many fillers on the market, how do we keep them all straight? Here is what you need to know about Juvederm Volift:
- Juvederm Volift is designed to treat static wrinkles. Static wrinkles, or the wrinkles that are still visible even when the face is at rest, can become visible in the cheeks, chin, and jawline areas due to loss of volume during the natural aging process. A common area Juvederm Volift is injected is the nasolabial folds around the mouth. Some injectors also use it to plump the lips as it is considered a medium density filler and therefore is somewhat versatile. Talk to your injector about which filler is best for your personal goals.
- Much like Voluma and Volbella, Juvederm Volift is a hyaluronic acid filler (HA filler), which means it can be dissolved if results are unsatisfactory. It is always best to seek out a skilled injector to minimize risks, start your search with the Find A Doctor feature.
- Dr. Alex Eshaghian explains Vycross Technology “... is a difference in the chemistry in that there is more cross-linking between the hyaluronic acid molecules. This makes it last longer, and at the same time more difficult to dissolve.” This technology also allows for “greater malleability/moldability, longer-lasting effects, less swelling, and can create greater lift and projection.” according to Dr. Nelson Castillo.
This was asked in our Doctor Q&A, see the full question here.
- Like many fillers, Juvederm Volift contains lidocaine to help ease pain during injection. While this is a great option for most, for those who have issues with lidocaine another filler should be considered. Talk to your doctor if you have lidocaine sensitivity.
- According to Allergan, Juvederm Volift can last up to 15 months.
- Juvederm Volift is approved by Health Canada and under the European medical device legislation. As of September 2016 it is in the process FDA approval which is anticipated to be given soon.
- If you find yourself using Allergan brand products like Botox, Juvederm, and Latisse it pays to join their free loyalty program Brilliant Distinctions and earn points towards savings. They offer reward on their products as well as the opportunity to earn points by shopping through their "mall".
Have you tried Juvederm Volift? Write a review about your experience and let us know if it was worth it.