a user ...
Write a review
Are you a patient of Joseph W. Aguiar, MD?
5 out of 5 stars Juvederm
Beyond amazing, I got juvederm lip injections and I'm extremely happy. I've gotten them done twice before from another doctor and I wish I would've came to him. I highly recommend this doctor. The employees are very nice.
5 out of 5 stars Tummy Tuck
I've wanted a tummy tuck since I bore my last child when I was 29. Finally had it at 43! I couldn't have made a better choice than choosing Dr. Aguiar as my surgeon. He is not only very friendly but, most importantly, he is highly knowledgeable about the various procedural options and will explain why you might be a candidate for one and not for another--and he never ever pushes you to have...
5 out of 5 stars Mole Removal
Jennifer really worked with my schedule to set follow up appointments. She is also very knowledgeable with how to take care of stitches after surgery is complete. She answered all of my questions very efficiently and always has a smile on her face when you walk in the door. I highly recommend Dr. Aguiar Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa.
5 out of 5 stars Neck Lift
Dr. Aguiar is a very kind and considerate Surgeon! He listened to my every question and explained the procedure and recovery time. I really like his bedside manner and attention to detail.
5 out of 5 stars Breast Augmentation
I am so happy I decided to have a breast augmentation with Dr. Aguiar. He and his office staff were professional yet warm and friendly. Dr. Aguiar spent a lot of time with me during consultation. Having a breast augmentation was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I am really looking forward to time at the beach this summer!
5 out of 5 stars Lip Augmentation
Dr. Aguiar was patient and listened when I said I did not want to be over done. He explained that I would have swelling for a day or two, and I did, so I'm glad he warned me. He was kind and patient with me during the injections. The numbing block he did made the injections painless. Dr. Aguiar and his staff were warm and friendly but professional.
5 out of 5 stars Perlane
Dr. Aguiar was great. He spent lots of time explaining why my face was aging this way. He gave me options of immediate results with Perlane or Sculptra which is a more subtle treatment that would take time to get rest but would last longer. I picked Perlane since I was going on vacation soon and wanted an immediate result. I was very happy that he took time to explain the different options. I just went back for my after photos and WOW. I am very happy.
5 out of 5 stars Tummy Tuck
I found Dr. Aguiar through my insurance company. Very meticulous and friendly, and spends a lot of time with you. Every visit i've had with him I have felt reassured that I made the right decision.
Dr. Aguiar always has his patient’s best interest in mind first and foremost. He always strives to provide his patient with the best possible outcome while meeting their expectations.
Awards & Recognition
Tampa's Best of 2015 Breast Augmentation Physicians, 2015
Vitals.com Patient’s Choice Award, 2010 - 2013
Castle Connelly’s Top Doctor Award for 5 consecutive years
Undergraduate & Medical SchoolMedical: MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine
Post-Medical School TrainingResidencies:
General Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine
Plastic Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center
Cosmetic Surgery, with Dr. Ivo Pitanguy, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Hand Surgery, University of South Florida
Treatments offered at Aguiar Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa
- Acne Scars Treatment
- Acne Surgery
- Acne Treatment
- African American Rhinoplasty
- Age Spots Treatment
- Arm Lift
- Asian Eyelid Surgery
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Belly Button Surgery
- Body Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift Revision
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Fat Transfer
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision
- Breast Implants
- Breast Lift
- Breast Lift with Implants
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Brow Lift
- Buccal Fat Removal
- Butt Augmentation
- Butt Implants
- Butt Lift
- Cheek Augmentation
- Cheek Lift
- Chemical Peel
- Chin Implant
- Chin Liposuction
- Chin Surgery
- Ear Lobe Surgery
- Ear Surgery
- Eye Bags Treatment
- Eyelid Surgery
Blog Posts and Articles
9. New Trendy Technology – Don’t get caught up in the new, latest, trendy technology. The technology doesn’t make the masterpiece, but the artistry & expertise of the surgeon. It seems hard to believe but many people practicing cosmetic surgery promote the new machine they’ve gotten as the latest procedure. It’s important that he knows how to use this new technology and that this new technology is really going to make the change you want.Great plastic surgeons don’t...
8. Continuing Education and Specialty Training – Confirm that your surgeon is up to date on his continuing education and safety practices. If he is certified correctly with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, he will be up to date on continuing education and safety practices.A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, like Dr. Aguiar, must go through at least 50 hours of training a year to stay certified. It’s critical that your surgeon stays on the leading edge. If he’s not...
7. Accredited Anesthesiologist – Many of those who act as an anesthetist are practicing under the doctor’s certification and do not have their own certification. This is not a place to cut corners. Make sure your surgeon has a hospital qualified board certified Anesthesiologist.
6. ALWAYS see the surgeon- Always see the surgeon on your initial visit. The surgeon is the only one who can really evaluate you and how to best achieve your goals. See the surgeon before you even ask for pricing. Otherwise, you'll end up not getting what you need and paying for a surgery that will not be right for you. A staff member who just gives you a price, without you seeing the surgeon, is not qualified to give you advice and legally shouldn't.Many times...
5. Years of Experience & Reputation – Find someone who has years of practical plastic surgery experience. Currently any type of family doctors, OB GYN, Dentist, Nurse Practitioners, etc can do cosmetic procedures and surgery in their own office. But, want you really want is a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience. Make sure they have 15 – 20 years experience doing the exact type of procedure you need done, not just a number of procedures.
Most popular answers from Joseph W. Aguiar, MD
YES!! You will be able to return to your normal weight/activity levels, but it takes time. Once you wait the initial healing time required by your... READ MORE
I have a hole under both breasts. Both are leaking yellow thick puss. Could my implants be exposed? necrosis? (photos)
Follow up with your surgeon is going to be the best option for your problem Wound care management is very important in your case. It is impossible t... READ MORE
If you are happy with the volume of your breasts when you have a bra on and are wearing clothes, then a breast lift may be the best procedure for you.... READ MORE
In my opinion, you have a very nice result. No surgery will ever lead you to perfection. Without the benefit of seeing your before surgery picture, it... READ MORE
How long does it take for the skin to attach back to the stomach wall after Tummy Tuck and muscle repair?
Linda,Thank you for your question. I know it can be frustrating to still have swelling 7 weeks after surgery. However, this is to be expected. I... READ MORE
My patients have had good success with using a silicone gel product like Kelocote. The down side of Mederma is that it needs to be applied multiple... READ MORE
It is important to understand why the surgeon may have said this. You may have a lot of deflated tissue and if you were opposed to a lift, then the ... READ MORE
The muscle contractions you are feeling are very normal. Sometimes, if the muscles spasm too much a muscle relaxer can be prescribed. It is not u... READ MORE
I had breast augmentation 8 weeks ago. I am happy with my breast and I have no pain but my left breast is making noises. (photo)
You have a very nice result! The noises that you are hearing could be from air or fluid around the implant. The body absorbs this over time and t... READ MORE
Over The Muscle High Profile Silicone Vs Lollipop Breast Lift With Round Saline Implants For Sagging Breast?? 5'2 127lbs.(photo)
In your situation, only a breast lift with an implant is the best option in my opinion. Rarely are women happy with that amount of droopiness with... READ MORE
Before and After Photos by Dr. Aguiar
Joseph W. Aguiar, MD has shared 39 before and after pictures with 67 helpful votes from the RealSelf community.
Next Back to gallery
There is no recent activity.