a user ...
Write a review
Are you a patient of Joseph W. Aguiar, MD?
5 out of 5 stars Tummy Tuck
I've wanted a tummy tuck since I bore my last child when I was 29. Finally had it at 43! I couldn't have made a better choice than choosing Dr. Aguiar as my surgeon. He is not only very friendly but, most importantly, he is highly knowledgeable about the various procedural options and will explain why you might be a candidate for one and not for another--and he never ever pushes you to have...
5 out of 5 stars Mole Removal
Dr. Aguiar was very patient and precise. He made 3 layers of stitches not even noticeable. I was so nervous that having cancer removed on my back would hurt, but I didn't feel a thing. Dr. Aguiar talked to me about his family during the surgery and made me feel very very comfortable. Two hours went by so quick during surgery. He is a great Doctor!
5 out of 5 stars Neck Lift
I am in my late 40's and a few years ago I noticed my neck sagging. I see Dr. Aguiar for fillers and botox twice a year so I naturally went to him for this procedure. Dr. Aguiar is a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has received many accolades in Plastic surgery. He explained the procedure thoroughly and eased my mind about having it done. I love the results!! I am considering a Tummy...
5 out of 5 stars Breast Augmentation
I am so happy I decided to have a breast augmentation with Dr. Aguiar. He and his office staff were professional yet warm and friendly. Dr. Aguiar spent a lot of time with me during consultation. Having a breast augmentation was one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I am really looking forward to time at the beach this summer!
5 out of 5 stars Lip Augmentation
I wanted to have my lips more full, but for them too look natural. My surgeon did a numbing block so the injections to lips was painless. My lips look naturally fuller and not over done. I had swelling for about 3 days. The first day swelling was a lot. Good thing I did injections on Friday I would not have wanted to go to work the day after.
5 out of 5 stars Perlane
I have always had a very thin face and as I have aged, it just gets thinner. I was looking to improve the areas under my eyes and temples. Dr. Aguiar suggested Perlane for both areas. I was a little nervous having it injected under my eyes. After the first eye was done he had me look in the mirror. The difference was noticeable immediately! The same with the temples. I am very happy to have...
5 out of 5 stars Tummy Tuck
I'm just like most of you- I had 2 kids (via csection) and just never quite went back to normal. After my daughter was born I noticed a large gap in my abdominal muscles and a new "outtie." I'm 5'4 and 120lbs. I have been very active in yoga and triathlon for several years and after my last pregnancy even dabbled in crossfit- none of these seemed to help my belly or love handles. They were...
Dr. Aguiar always has his patient’s best interest in mind first and foremost. He always strives to provide his patient with the best possible outcome while meeting their expectations.
Awards & Recognition
Tampa's Best of 2015 Breast Augmentation Physicians, 2015
Vitals.com Patient’s Choice Award, 2010 - 2013
Castle Connelly’s Top Doctor Award for 5 consecutive years
Undergraduate & Medical SchoolMedical: MD, University of Iowa College of Medicine
Post-Medical School TrainingResidencies:
General Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine
Plastic Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center
Cosmetic Surgery, with Dr. Ivo Pitanguy, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Hand Surgery, University of South Florida
Treatments offered at Aguiar Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa
- Acne Scars Treatment
- Acne Surgery
- Acne Treatment
- African American Rhinoplasty
- Age Spots Treatment
- Arm Lift
- Asian Eyelid Surgery
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Belly Button Surgery
- Body Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Brazilian Butt Lift Revision
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Fat Transfer
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Revision
- Breast Implants
- Breast Lift
- Breast Lift with Implants
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Brow Lift
- Buccal Fat Removal
- Butt Augmentation
- Butt Implants
- Butt Lift
- Cheek Augmentation
- Cheek Lift
- Chemical Peel
- Chin Implant
- Chin Liposuction
- Chin Surgery
- Ear Lobe Surgery
- Ear Surgery
- Eye Bags Treatment
- Eyelid Surgery
Blog Posts and Articles
9. New Trendy Technology – Don’t get caught up in the new, latest, trendy technology. The technology doesn’t make the masterpiece, but the artistry & expertise of the surgeon. It seems hard to believe but many people practicing cosmetic surgery promote the new machine they’ve gotten as the latest procedure. It’s important that he knows how to use this new technology and that this new technology is really going to make the change you want.Great plastic surgeons don’t...
8. Continuing Education and Specialty Training – Confirm that your surgeon is up to date on his continuing education and safety practices. If he is certified correctly with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, he will be up to date on continuing education and safety practices.A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, like Dr. Aguiar, must go through at least 50 hours of training a year to stay certified. It’s critical that your surgeon stays on the leading edge. If he’s not...
7. Accredited Anesthesiologist – Many of those who act as an anesthetist are practicing under the doctor’s certification and do not have their own certification. This is not a place to cut corners. Make sure your surgeon has a hospital qualified board certified Anesthesiologist.
6. ALWAYS see the surgeon- Always see the surgeon on your initial visit. The surgeon is the only one who can really evaluate you and how to best achieve your goals. See the surgeon before you even ask for pricing. Otherwise, you'll end up not getting what you need and paying for a surgery that will not be right for you. A staff member who just gives you a price, without you seeing the surgeon, is not qualified to give you advice and legally shouldn't.Many times...
5. Years of Experience & Reputation – Find someone who has years of practical plastic surgery experience. Currently any type of family doctors, OB GYN, Dentist, Nurse Practitioners, etc can do cosmetic procedures and surgery in their own office. But, want you really want is a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience. Make sure they have 15 – 20 years experience doing the exact type of procedure you need done, not just a number of procedures.
Most popular answers from Joseph W. Aguiar, MD
YES!! You will be able to return to your normal weight/activity levels, but it takes time. Once you wait the initial healing time required by your... READ MORE
I have a hole under both breasts. Both are leaking yellow thick puss. Could my implants be exposed? necrosis? (photos)
Follow up with your surgeon is going to be the best option for your problem Wound care management is very important in your case. It is impossible t... READ MORE
If you are happy with the volume of your breasts when you have a bra on and are wearing clothes, then a breast lift may be the best procedure for you.... READ MORE
In my opinion, you have a very nice result. No surgery will ever lead you to perfection. Without the benefit of seeing your before surgery picture, it... READ MORE
How long does it take for the skin to attach back to the stomach wall after Tummy Tuck and muscle repair?
Linda,Thank you for your question. I know it can be frustrating to still have swelling 7 weeks after surgery. However, this is to be expected. I... READ MORE
My patients have had good success with using a silicone gel product like Kelocote. The down side of Mederma is that it needs to be applied multiple... READ MORE
It is important to understand why the surgeon may have said this. You may have a lot of deflated tissue and if you were opposed to a lift, then the ... READ MORE
The muscle contractions you are feeling are very normal. Sometimes, if the muscles spasm too much a muscle relaxer can be prescribed. It is not u... READ MORE
I had breast augmentation 8 weeks ago. I am happy with my breast and I have no pain but my left breast is making noises. (photo)
You have a very nice result! The noises that you are hearing could be from air or fluid around the implant. The body absorbs this over time and t... READ MORE
Over The Muscle High Profile Silicone Vs Lollipop Breast Lift With Round Saline Implants For Sagging Breast?? 5'2 127lbs.(photo)
In your situation, only a breast lift with an implant is the best option in my opinion. Rarely are women happy with that amount of droopiness with... READ MORE
Before and After Photos by Dr. Aguiar
Joseph W. Aguiar, MD has shared 39 before and after pictures with 67 helpful votes from the RealSelf community.
Next Back to gallery
There is no recent activity.