- FAQ - Sending a direct message
Use the directions below to send a direct message to other registered RealSelf members (Note: Unregistered guests may not send or receive direct messages. Physician Q&A participants may be contacted using the inquiry form located in their physician profile).
1. Log on to RealSelf.com and check your profile to ensure direct messaging is enabled. (Click "Edit account info" (upper right), select the checkbox for "Allow community members to message me" if not already selected, then click submit to save.)
2. Click on the username of the member you wish to contact to view their profile. If direct messaging is enabled, an envelope icon will be visible.
3. Click the envelope icon. This will open the direct messaging form.*
4. Fill in the subject box, then write your message in the text box.
5. Click "Send e-mail." You may also elect to send a copy of the message to yourself by selecting the checkbox before you send.
6. RealSelf will deliver the message to the specified community member, who may choose whether to respond at his/her discretion. The e-mail addresses of the message sender and addressee remain private when messages are sent via RealSelf.