RIP Joan Rivers: Top 10 Plastic Surgery Quotes That Made Us Laugh
MadsP on 5 Sep 2014 at 8:35pm
Everyone — regardless of age, sex, or personal views on the topic of plastic surgery — could learn something from Joan Rivers: It’s OK to laugh at yourself.
A brilliant comedian and forward-thinker, Joan spent her career pushing the envelope- and rarely backed down or shied away from a topic. Her steadfast (sometimes brutal) honesty and her ability to never take herself too seriously are traits we admire as we reflect on her life.
In her honor, take a minute today and laugh at yourself.
Top 10 favorite one-liners from Joan Rivers:
10. "I wish I had a twin, so I could know what I'd look like without plastic surgery."
9. "Looking 50 is great — if you're 60."
8. "I'm never without a bandage."
7. "With age comes wisdom. You don't need big boobs to be feminine. Look at Liberace."
6. "I've had so much plastic surgery, when I die, they will donate my body to Tupperware."
5. "No more Botox for me. Betty White's bowels move more than my face."
4. "I saw what's going on under my chin. I don't want to be the one the president has to pardon on Thanksgiving."
3. "The only way I can get a man to touch me at this age is plastic surgery."
2. "I am definitely going to watch the Emmys this year! My makeup team is nominated for 'Best Special Effects.' "
1. "Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century."
Photo courtesy of instagram.com/joanrivers