Top 3 Ways for Men to Achieve a More Masculine Appearance
There’s a reason that George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Robert Pattinson repeatedly get named as some of the most attractive men around. Studies have shown that heterosexual women prefer faces with masculine traits (associated with increased exposure to testosterone during key developmental stages) such as a relatively longer lower face, developed brows, broad and prominent cheekbone, and chiseled jawlines.
Below are the top procedures to increase a man’s facial masculinity:
1. Chin – Dr. Darrick Antell of the American Society Of Plastic Surgeons found that after examining the profiles of 42 of the top CEOs on the Fortune 500 list, in addition to being taller than the average population and more attractive, 94% of these men had chins that were either average or above average in prominence when compared to the general population. Warren Buffett and John Mack are two good examples. Many male movie stars also have strong chins including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Since men can’t exercise their chins to make them bigger, a great option is a chin implant. It is a soft, rubbery material inserted with a small incision. The implant sits right on the chin to give a stronger impression. Additionally, it increases the distance under the chin to give men a cleaner look and minimize a double-chin.
2. Cheekbones – Cheek augmentation can help give men a more angular and chiseled face. Men like Colin Firth, Robert Pattinson or Brad Pitt have naturally prominent cheekbones, but for men who don’t, male cheek implants may be a good option to consider. The ideal handsome male cheeks are elevated higher off of the face for a more angular, rugged appearance. They are also narrower than women’s. For a man with deficient cheekbones, he can opt for temporary non-surgical options like Juvederm injections or for a permanent solution, malar or submalar implants would be a great solution.
3. Nose – A male rhinoplasty procedure can improves and enhance a man’s masculine look by coordinating it with the rest of the face to achieve a good balance. A man’s nose looks most masculine if
- it has a more projected nasal tip
- it has a stronger dorsum
- the tip is not pinched, overly rotated or concave
- it is not overly narrow
- has a good angle between the nose and upper lip