WHAT IS A NECK LIFT?
A neck lift offers a smoother and more toned appearance to skin under the chin and neck area that has lost elasticity and is now sagging. A contoured neck is not only associated with a youthful appearance, but also with health and vitality.
Dr. Lee offers neck lift rejuvenation procedures for both men and women that result in a younger, more vibrant look.
Am I a candidate for a neck lift?
Aging of the neck is usually a combination of loose skin and muscle and some excess fat. This combination results in the so-called “turkey gobbler.” For those who simply want this area treated and not the entire face, a neck lift can be beneficial.
Good candidates for neck lift surgery include:
- Individuals with excess skin under the chin and neck area that has lost elasticity
- Individuals with excess fat under the chin and neck area
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery.
How do I prepare for a neck lift?
Preparing for your neck lift procedure with Dr. Lee will include discussing a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle. Dr. Lee will evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors as part of this consultation.
To ensure the best results from your neck lift procedure, be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
Dr. Lee may also:
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs for your medical records
- Discuss your neck lift procedure options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a neck lift and any risks or potential complications.
What results can I expect?
The results of a neck lift procedure are visible almost immediately. Your final results may take several months for all subtle swelling to subside. Because of the minimally invasive approach used by Dr. Lee, scars from this procedure may be small in properly selected patients. Overall results are generally long lasting.
What is involved in recovery?
Recovery from a neck lift takes time, and it’s important that you’re patient with the process. Most people can return to work in seven to 10 days. If you participate in sports or are physically active, you will have to wait at least two to three weeks to resume those activities.
Dr. Lee may also recommend you wear a medical compression bandage to help reduce post-operative swelling. This is usually worn night and day for at least five to seven days and then only at night for a longer period of time. It’s important to follow instructions to ensure proper recovery.
Is a neck lift safe?
All surgical procedures carry some risk. Possible complications from a neck lift include:
- Swelling and bruising that can last for several days
- Tightness or tingling and different sensations including pulling
- Numbness on the skin, which is normal in the first few weeks following surgery
- Risk of infection which is rare
- Allergic reaction to medications given during or after your surgery (very rare).