The Mirror; Friend or Foe When You're Considering a Facelift?
When did you first start noticing signs of aging on your face? You may be wondering if you’re too young to see that “old” look. Because everyone ages at a different rate, there is no age number that you cross that means you are now “old”. But what do you do to stop and reverse those unwanted signs?
Solution: The Facelift, the Gold Standard for addressing these concerns.
What Can a Facelift Improve?
The Facelift is a surgical procedure that can greatly improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck including:
- Loss of muscle tone in the lower face (sometimes creating jowls)
- Sagging in the mid-face
- Deep creases along the nose and extending to the corners of the mouth
- Displaced fat – looking like the sand has shifted
- Deep creases or troughs below the lower eyelids
- Excess fatty deposits and loose skin under the chin and jaw, creating the double chin
To achieve the most dramatic facial rejuvenation results, Facelifts can be performed along with:
- Injections of BOTOX® or skin fillers to reduce frown lines between eyebrows or creases in the forehead
- Brow lift to correct a sagging, deeply furrowed brow , correcting the “angry look”
- Eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes
Aren’t I Too Young for a Facelift?
Contrary to what one may think, there is no specific age at which a person begins considering a face lift. Typically, this surgical procedure is performed on people between the ages of 40 and 60, although we often see patients in their 30s, 70s and even 80s.
While non-surgical rejuvenation may complement surgery or help delay the time at which a Facelift becomes appropriate, a Facelift is the best solution for significant facial rejuvenation.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
No matter what your age, Facelift surgery is a good option for you if:
- You see your concerns every time you look in the mirror or see yourself in photos
- Your health and weight are stable
- You have a positive outlook
- You have realistic goals for the improvement of your appearance