Drew Barrymore talks breast reduction surgery. Could it help you?
Did you know that Drew Barrymore had breast reduction surgery? Speaking about breast reduction, Drew later said:
I really love my body and the way it is right now. There’s something very awkward about women and their breasts because men look at them so much. When they’re huge, you become very self-conscious. Your back hurts. You find that whatever you wear, you look heavy in. It’s uncomfortable.
Drew is one of many women who have turned to surgery to resolve the problem of breasts which are uncomfortably large. 2009 statistics show breast reduction mammoplasty as one of the 5 most frequently reconstructive surgeries performed. According to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), more than 113,500 breast reduction procedures were performed in 2009.
There are 2 main categories of reasons that women seek breast reduction surgery; the size of their breasts is causing physical problems or psychological problems.
Women who seek breast reduction are commonly:
· sensitive to estrogen during development or pregnancy
· predisposed for large, disproportionate breasts
· have big breasts in the family (mother and/or grandmothers)
Breast reduction to reduce physical problems
Women suffer from several types of physical problems as a result of breasts which are abnormally large:
· Back ache
· Neck ache
· Shoulder ache
· Stasis ulcers (skin irritation)
· Infections under the breasts
· Excessive sweating
· Difficulty breathing
· Grooves or sores in your shoulders from your bra straps
· Numbness of the breasts or upper chest
· Poor posture
· Low-hanging breasts and stretched skin
Breast reduction to reduce psychological problems
A woman’s feelings about her general appearance, self-image and self-confidence can be greatly affected by the size of her breasts. A woman may suffer psychologically if she feels her large breasts make her
· Look unbalanced
· Appear overweight
· Look out of proportion with the rest of her body
· Receive inappropriate comments or unwanted attention from men
· Have difficulty finding clothes that fit comfortably
If you haven’t started a family or if you may be having more children, you might want to delay breast reduction surgery until after having your last child since changes to breast tissue during pregnancy could alter the results of your surgery. Also, breast-feeding may be difficult after breast reduction surgery.
Please don’t let oversized breasts continue to cause physical or mental problems.