Brazilian Butt Lift: Benefits and Risks of Fat Transfer Body Sculpting
Many patients are wondering what they can do to enhance their overall appearance. This is especially true about the buttocks. Many women especially want to have a shapely, sexy butt, but they don't know how they can achieve the curves they're looking for.
If you're intrigued by this, keep reading. We'll cover the basics of the procedure and then note the various risks and benefits involved.
About Brazilian Butt Lift
The Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer procedure that uses fat from a person's own body in order to boost the overall shapeliness and contour of a patient's buttocks. This fat is generally taken from the abdominal area using liposuction. The fat is then carefully purified and injected into specific areas of the buttocks. The fat will fill out the look of the patient's buttocks, making them more shapely in the process.
Benefits of Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
The benefits of Brazilian butt lift are numerous and include the following:
- Liposuction and Fat Reduction: In addition to having a much shapelier backside, patients also undergo aesthetic fat reduction of the abdominal area. This means less flab and love handles as well as better curves in the process.
- Fat Transfer Is Better Than Other Filler Options: Because a patient's own fat is used, there is less likelihood of an allergic reaction or an adverse complication. Some of the fat will simply be reabsorbed into the patient's body without harm.
- Not as Invasive as Butt Implants or a Full Surgical Butt Lift: Butt implant and a full surgical butt lift are both effective, through scarring and recovery times are much greater. With Brazilian butt lift treatment, the injection points are virtually invisible. The same is true for the areas on the abdomen from which fat is harvested via liposuction.
- Excellent Results Are Achieved: Whether patients want to make their butt look rounder and more toned or hope to reduce any drooping or sagging, the Brazilian butt lift is a great option. We routinely achieve excellent results through this fat transfer treatment.
Risks of Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
All surgeries entail a certain degree of risk. Some of the risks of the Brazilian butt lift include the following:
- Serious Side Effects: While minor discomfort, numbness, swelling, and bruising are normal following fat transfer, sometimes patients will experience major pain and discomfort during their recovery. In such instances, they should speak with their surgeon right away.
- Infection: Infection is a potential risk of all surgeries. While low, it's important that patients know that this is a possibility.
- Too Much Fat Reabsorption: Some fat reabsorption is bound to occur; roughly 65% to 85% of the injected fat will remain. Sometimes the results following fat reabsorbtion will be poor, necessitating secondary or corrective fat transfer.
- Unsatisfactory Results: Related to the above, sometimes the results of surgery will not be to the patient’s liking. This is why we take time during the consultation process to provide ample information about all of these matters and how patients can achieve the best results given their aesthetic goals.
Ideal Candidates for Brazilian Butt Lift
The best candidates for Brazilian butt lift surgery are people in good general health who would like to enhance the size and shape of their buttocks. They should have some abdominal fat present so that it can be properly redistributed through the procedure, and they should have realistic expectations about the process and what it can achieve.
During your consultation, we will determine if the Brazilian butt lift or another surgery is right for you and your needs.