It's Botox Time!
It’s summer and you are all about being outside in the sunny Utah sun. Hopefully, you have slathered on your sunscreen…but in addition to that protection, you may want a less stressed look, and desire to get rid of the fine lines and wrinkles around your mouth, eyes and on your forehead. There’s a safe and easy way to do just that, and summer is a great time to try the most popular aesthetic treatment in the world, Botox®. Botox® is a purified form of botulinum toxin A, which means there’s absolutely no botulism risk when used properly. Botox® is non-surgical, and works to blocks the nerves that contract your facial muscles, softening the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It is at its most effective when used on wrinkles that haven’t quite set. These are called “dynamic wrinkles.” They appear while you’re moving the muscles of your face. An additional use for Botox that you may not be aware of it that it can decrease excessive underarm sweating – an embarrassing problem for many people that they must deal with every day. Keep in mind:
- A party at your BFF’s house is not the time to try Botox®. These injections should only be done by a doctor who is board-certified in dermatology or plastic surgery who has more than ten years experience treating patients with Botox®.
- “Less is more,” so go for a natural look.
- If you’re breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, the FDA recommends that you wait before starting Botox® treatments.
- If you take aspirin or ibuprofen, be sure to tell us before you schedule a treatment. These medications thin the blood and increase bleeding. Some natural supplements, such as fish oil, gingko, or vitamin E, also thin the blood. We may ask you not to use those supplements for two weeks before your treatment.
- Botox® is not just for women!