Get Beautiful Legs with Calf Implants
How many times have you found yourself looking at someone and thinking; "How did they get such beautiful legs?" Long, slender, firm, and perfectly contoured legs are synonymous with beauty and sexiness. Showing off beautifully sculpted legs in an evening dress or flaunting your curves in a skirt is something many woman want to do, while men are searching for calves that are muscular and defined.
Sometimes we find ourselves feeling a bit inadequate. "Many people are unhappy with their lower leg shape," explains Dr. Ali Adibfar. "More often than not, people are searching for sculpted calves. And it's not just women anymore. More men want larger, more muscular calves because they become a defining feature of their masculinity."
The calf is a big part of anyone's physical appearance and the cornerstone to strong, beautiful legs. But many men and women are unhappy with the size and shape of their calf muscles, which actually leads them to avoid exposing their lower legs. This can cause a lot of issues when it comes to confidence and their perceptions of their own appearance.
While exercise can help, it sometimes isn't enough. Men and women might run, do calf raises, and eat properly, but never see the results they want. That's when they turn to plastic surgery for a solution. "Calf implants can help create a beautiful, more contoured lower leg that's in line with a person's expectations," explains Dr. Adibfar. "Whether they want slim and sexy or muscular and defined, calf implants can improve muscle imbalance by creating a harmonized, proportionate figure that will make people take notice."
Not every plastic surgeon will perform calf implant surgery. It takes a lot of skill and experience. This type of procedure requires a surgeon who has a strong sense of aesthetic balance, a detailed understanding of the body, and years of experience in using implants to naturally sculpt a new appearance.
"Over the years, I have worked to improve my skills when it comes to calf implants," says Dr. Adibfar. "This is a procedure that requires a lot of attention to detail and understanding of how the calf implant will impact the patient's overall appearance.
Calf augmentation with implants can have many benefits, including:
- A safe and highly effective procedure
- Added volume to legs that look skinny
- Corrected muscle imbalance
- Increased muscle definition
- Correction of a club foot or bow legs
- Harmonized results that accentuate your overall figure
- Enhanced self-esteem and improved confidence
In an effort to enhance and augment the size and shape of the calf muscle, a silicone implant is carefully placed into the pocket over top of the existing muscle. Depending on the needs of the patient, either one or two implants can be placed per leg. This is because the calf is actually made up of two muscles. There is one muscle on the upper inside of the leg and one on the upper outside of the leg.
"After making a small incision in the crease behind the knee, we'll place the appropriate implant to meet the desired results," explains Dr. Adibfar. "We can enlarge and sculpt either both muscles or just a specific one depending on the desired results. During the consultation phase, we'll determine the best approach that will create a more defined, contoured calf."
What the Recovery Like After a Calf Implant Procedure?
It's important to know everything you can about a plastic surgery procedure before you decide to undergo the treatment. Recovery and recuperation is a big part of the process. When it comes to calf implants, the recovery period can often be broken down into two phases. The first is the immediate recovery phase after the surgery. The second is the longer-term cosmetic recovery that will keep your legs looking amazing.
- Surgical recovery: This is the first week or two after we perform the surgery. We often recommend carefully walking around to assist in the healing process. You'll also be directed to keep legs elevated when lying or sitting to reduce swelling and ease any discomfort you may feel. After a few days you can begin to increase the intensity and frequency of your walking routine. "Walking is a very important part of the recovery process," says Dr. Adibfar. "This helps the muscles get used to the implant and encourages the skin to begin stretching to accommodate the new shape and size."
- Long-term cosmetic recovery: We usually say this period begins after the second or third week. During this time, you'll be able to walk normally. You'll also notice that the skin has stretched, bruising has begun to subside, and swelling is significantly reduced. Your body will also use this time to minimize the appearance of any scars from the incision. "You won't be able to lift weights, run, or cycle just yet," says Dr. Adibfar. "While everyone heals differently and we'll closely monitor your recovery, most patients can return to normal activities within about two months of their surgery."
Want beautiful legs? Let's get started on your journey.