An Arm Lift in Phoenix Will Have You Saying Bye-Bye to Your “Bat Wings”
- Are you embarrassed by arms that you feel are unsightly?
- Do you feel like the appearance of your arms prevents you from wearing the short sleeve shirts and tank tops that all the other ladies get to wear in the scorching heat of Phoenix?
- Does the shape of your arms interfere with your ability to fit into sleeved tops?
- Does the size of your arms cause you to get underarm skin rash and irritation?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be a great candidate for an Arm Lift (brachioplasty). Candidates for Arm Lift surgery are most often embarrassed by their large and “jiggly” arms which they are tired of trying to hide.
The popularity of Arm Lifts to get rid of “Bat Wings” is soaring, if you’ll pardon the pun. According to American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, over 15,000 Arm Lifts were performed in the U.S. in 2010, a 5% increase from 2009 and a whopping 4392% increase from ten years ago.
Patients often come to us complaining of flabby, sagging skin folds of the upper arm – the dreaded “Bat Wings” or “Bingo Wings”.
This condition can occur as a result of massive weight loss following Bariatric Surgery or the loss of elasticity that accompanies chronic tanning or just aging.
The good news is that an Arm Lift can help restore a patient’s confidence in showing her arms without feeling self-consciousness and can make it possible to wear blouses and shirts comfortably again.
An Arm Lift will improve contour and reduce flabbiness, but patients should do their part to firm the muscle beneath the skin through exercise before and after the procedure.
Among the benefits of having an Arm Lift includes:
- Gaining firm and toned arms once again
- The ability to wear clothes comfortably
- An end to the rashes that develop when excess arm skin sticks to the chest and armpit
- An improved ability to exercise
- Restored confidence