Anti-Aging Solutions in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s
Keywords: anti-aging solutions
Once you get into your 20s, it’s time to get serious about what your skin looks like and how to maintain it. Normal aging shows signs that don’t wait until the 40s or 50s to occur. Instead, the changes occur gradually – and many of them are preventable.Anti-Aging Solutions in Your 20s
Your skin takes about 14-16 days to regenerate itself during your 20s. However, fine lines may begin appearing around your eyes and on your forehead, depending on how much you use your facial muscles of expression.
During this time, it’s good to start some of these recommendations:
1. Skin Care Program That is Cosmetic Dermatologist Recommended – Make sure your skin care routine matches your skin type and contains a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Washing your skin twice daily is very important to prevent clogged pores, enlarged pores, and acne.
2. A cosmetic line of products that is good for eliminating fine lines, beginning aging signs, and some sun damage, such as one that contains pharmaceutical grade ingredients and/or essential oils.
3. Sunscreen with SPF 30 – Repeated sun exposure accumulates damage to your skin without you knowing it.
4. Hyaluronic acid – This keeps your skin hydrated, helps remove darkness under the eyes and makes you look fresh. Good for around the eyes and in between the eyebrows, too.
5. Vitamin C serum – The ultimate free radical quencher for the skin, vitamin C serum helps builds collagen, evens out skin tone, lightens and brightens the skin, prevents sun damage and even reverses sun damage
6. Glycolic Acid or Retin-A – Ask your dermatologist for a recommendation on this for exfoliation.
7. Chemical Peel every few months
8. Resveratrol – helps reverse aging and smooth skin, while brightening the skin
9. Acne treatments – These may include photodynamic treatments, lasers or light therapy.Anti-Aging Solutions in Your 30s
In your 30s, your priorities are to stimulate the collagen and elastin in your skin while reducing any dullness that appears. Your skin cells slow down in their regeneration cycle and it takes 28-32 days for them to renew. Because it can take up to six years for a wrinkle to surface, some will show up. Your moisture levels in the skin start to decrease and you start to feel a little dryness around your mouth.
1. Continue with the same type of skin care products you used in your 20s, making sure that your skin type hasn’t changed, or if it has, your skin care products change. Maintain a healthy routine of good skin care, eating habits and exercise.
2. Corrective methods such as Botox may be started.
3. Circles under your eyes may be filled with dermal fillers.
4. Vitamin A, C, E and coQ10 are often found in a dermatologist-grade vitamin C serum. The extra antioxidants give your skin a boost in freshness.
5. Add a retinol cream, which will increase the cell turnover. Your dermatologist will have a retinol cream recommendation for you if you ask.
6. Now that you are finished with baby making, you may want to tackle the stretch marks. They “come clean” nicely with laser techniques.Anti-Aging Solutions in Your 40s In your 40s, your skin will start to lose elasticity, collagen, moisture, and your skin may start thinning. Free radical damage increases in the skin, too, especially if you haven’t been consuming enough antioxidants. Skin cells don’t turn over as fast as they did earlier in life. And your skin is more susceptible to dryness.
Add cutting edge science to what you’re doing and you’ll see a big difference. And remember that every day you don’t care for your skin at night, you can expect to age 16 days to 20 days, according to some statistics.
1. Continue using the retinol, or prescription retin-A. Lighteners may be added to your skin care routine, too.
2. Consider adding a jojoba cleanser at night. This will moisturize the skin as well as remove any additional dirt and grime stuck in the pores, according to one skin care specialist.
3. Know your skin sensitivities. If you’re sensitive to certain ingredients, then make sure you don’t use products containing them.
4. If you’re seeing skin changes in the eyes, hands, and chest, use an eye cream and/or collagen cream, or an extra application of the vitamin C serum with added vitamin A, vitamin E and coQ10.
5. Exfoliate your skin regularly – at least once a week, followed with a moisturizer. If you exfoliate in the morning, your moisturizer should have a sunscreen in it. Do a mask at least once a day. You can even use oatmeal, milk, yogurt, avocado, or egg whites from the kitchen.
6. If you have rosacea, eczema or psoriasis, get professional help for it from your cosmetic dermatologist. There are new solutions available. Check some of our previous articles on our site on these topics.
7. You may start considering dermabrasion techniques, microneedling, or laser techniques to tighten the skin and rejuvenate it. If you want something with a little less downtime, consider Ultherapy.
8. If you’ve been exercising and eating a good, healthy diet but still have fat around the middle, consider CoolSculpting. This is another of the anti-aging solutions that you will find make you feel 10 years younger.Anti-Aging Solutions in Your 50s Once you hit your 50s, you can expect to start to see the loss of volume in your facial tissue especially in between the middle of your cheek to your nose. Your neck may show signs of aging. Loss of skin elasticity and saggy skin usually begins to become evident in this age range. Jowls start in your 50s and a turkey neck appears by the end of the 50s.
At every stage of your life, good skin care will require a solid skin care routine with excellent products that work.
1. Ceramides – Ceramides are one of the latest additions to the beauty world and although technically not studied enough, they can make a big difference in making your skin look and feel like porcelain. Ceramides are naturally found in the skin but you can replace what is lost by your 50s by applying a ceramide cream or taking ceramides orally.
2. Vitamin C, A, E and CoQ10 serum - Apply it every morning and even every night for extra anti-aging benefits.
3. See your dermatologist once a year to look for skin cancer. It’s better to find it in the early stages than later stages.
4. Retin-A – This will increase the cell turnover rate so that new skin appears a lot faster. (Remember that you need a pharmaceutical grade product for it to be considered one of the anti-aging solutions.)
5. Dermal fillers – There are dermal fillers of hyaluronic acid that last 6-8 months to fill out facial volume and erase wrinkles. You can appear 15 years younger in literally an afternoon.
6. Consider doing daily lymphatic drainage massage to reduce puffiness under your eyes. Do it in the morning, and during the day. It makes a big difference in your face.
7. If you need laser resurfacing, Ultherapy, CoolSculpting, or dermabrasion, don’t postpone it. Aging makes a postponement decision have bad consequences.Anti-Aging Solutions in Your 60s
Once you get to your 60s, it’s important to tighten your skin. You can do it without surgery, such as laser/long-lasting fillers and radiofrequency. It lifts the brow, eyelids, facelift and neck lift. Ask your doctor what can be combined in one procedure to get the best results. With many of the latest techniques, the results get better over time; they aren’t so temporary-lasting. However, there will be a 7-10 day downtime. You can repeat it to tighten the skin a little more each time it’s done.
Botox won’t do a lot for you during your 60s. However, other techniques such as Thermage and light resurfacing are possible and dermal fillers will work, too. Your cosmetic dermatologist will have to customize your anti-aging protocols to match your needs.
In fact, at every stage of your life, you need a trained cosmetic dermatologist who can carefully and scientifically evaluate your facial changes and offer recommendations for what can be done. By staying with the same cosmetic dermatologist, you can develop a good relationship and know that your best interests are always kept as the main priority.
If you don’t have a cosmetic dermatologist or are looking for one, give us a call at 403-271-3627. We’re here for you with anti-aging solutions during your entire lifetime.